Newbie with an question - lowering modules

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 07:32 AM
classba
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with an question - lowering modules

Hi to all and so glad to be here.

I have a 958 facelift Turbo and was wondering which of the lowering modules that's out in the market is the most common and best.

I have short listed the H&R ETS and the KW DLC.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:26 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Moving to 958 subforum..
Old 07-31-2017, 12:52 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by classba
Hi to all and so glad to be here.

I have a 958 facelift Turbo and was wondering which of the lowering modules that's out in the market is the most common and best.

I have short listed the H&R ETS and the KW DLC.

Thanks in advance.
have the H&R ETS in my 2014 turbo and am happy with it.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:12 PM
classba
Track Day

Originally Posted by dz997 tts
Thanks for that.

Does it revert back to OEM normal ride height over a certain speed say 70 kmh and back to the lower ride height once speed has dropped?.

BTW, where is the OEM air suspension module located?.

Cheers.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:13 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Thanks for that.

Does it revert back to OEM normal ride height over a certain speed say 70 kmh and back to the lower ride height once speed has dropped?.

BTW, where is the OEM air suspension module located?.

Cheers.
the height does not change with speed, you set height with the regular switch on the center console ,it operates as stock. the module is located in the rear compartment ,passenger side- i did not install myself, but it looks very simple to do.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:26 PM
classba
Track Day

Thanks again dz997 tts....

http://www.ingbuerowilhelm.de/en/info.html

The above company makes most of the lowering modules for others. Theirs have the option to set the lowered ride height to revert back to OEM at certain speeds for correct alignment and comfort hence I thought the H&R did the same.

Cheers.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:21 AM
classba
Track Day

Hey dz997 tts

I'm about to purchase a H&R ETS... how's the ride quality compared to stock once lowered 40mm?.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:24 AM
dz997 tts
Racer

Hey dz997 tts

I'm about to purchase a H&R ETS... how's the ride quality compared to stock once lowered 40mm?.

Thanks in advance.
ride quality is fine, grocery store speed bumps are a little jarring as with most cars. i drive in low mode all the time , you should be happy .
Old 08-05-2017, 03:27 PM
classba
Track Day

ride quality is fine, grocery store speed bumps are a little jarring as with most cars. i drive in low mode all the time , you should be happy .

Thanks again

Have you lowered it to the max 40mm?.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:52 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Thanks again

Have you lowered it to the max 40mm?.
classba, it is lowered to H&R specs , enclosed is a picture , hope this helps.
Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2017, 10:33 AM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

How are you happy with it?

I installed the h&r as well (caragraphic).

my observations are:

1. Rode like poop. Very rough, with lots of suspension travel and I only lowered 1 inch???
2. The darn thing, when I'd drive above 50mph, would raise auto. No problem with this, but when I'd park it wouldn't relower to the prior setting??? Only way I could relower is by the console, going into loading level, then back to low level. Pita if you ask me. Did yours do this??? No tech support either.

I also tried their bypass to eliminate the auto raise. Didn't work. Ctt would still raise 1.5 inches above 50mph and wouldn't relower.

wanted to also try the dlc from me but they discontinued it.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:43 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
How are you happy with it?

I installed the h&r as well (caragraphic).

my observations are:

1. Rode like poop. Very rough, with lots of suspension travel and I only lowered 1 inch???
2. The darn thing, when I'd drive above 50mph, would raise auto. No problem with this, but when I'd park it wouldn't relower to the prior setting??? Only way I could relower is by the console, going into loading level, then back to low level. Pita if you ask me. Did yours do this??? No tech support either.

I also tried their bypass to eliminate the auto raise. Didn't work. Ctt would still raise 1.5 inches above 50mph and wouldn't relower.

wanted to also try the dlc from me but they discontinued it.
westsider, have not had any of the problems you describe -stays in low mode at speed , ride is fine in sport mode as well as regular. i keep it in low all the time. ride is very smooth -even my wife doesn't complain.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:52 PM
classba
Track Day

Thanks Dz997 tts and westsiderkg for your feedbacks. Not sure if the H&R does this but the Kw and the Wilhelm modules have the option to auto raise the car to normal ride height after 43mph and lowers it back at 25mph for comfort reasons. You can however disable this function so that the lower ride height remains constant.

Westsiderkg.... what year and model is your Cayenne and exactly which brand of module did you install?.

Thanks again.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:20 PM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Mine is a 2014 CTT.Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

The Macan Forum folks lead me to believe the H&R module was a knock-off of Cargraphic Module, which cost slightly less. If you look at them online together they are eerily similar in design and functionality.

I am not sure how Wilhelm's unit fits into this now as I have never heard of them and researched this quite a bit before buying. Maybe they are the mother ship producing these??? Let me know if you can confirm as I WOULD REALLY like to also lower my CTT, but have yet to find a satisfactory solution IMO.

Prior to the Cargraphic module I first started with cheap lowering links. They were horrible, I MEAN HORRIBLE!!! The CTT would hit a pot hole and bounce, and bounce, and bounce. It was like riding in a 60’s era Lincoln, lol. Not for me.

Sorry again to say, but the Cargraphic module was poo-poo as well, maybe 10% improvement in ride quality over the links.

Maybe DZ977’s standards are less than mine, but even lowering 1 inch, yes 1 freaking inch made the car suspension ride horrid as well with the Cargraphic module. It was noticeably rough and unforgiving. Cargraphic provided nearly zero tech support and basically ignored my emails, thus I am starting to wonder who is the creator of this module??? Is it Cargraphic, H&R, Wilhelm, Other???

The thing that REALLY UPSET ME about the Cargraphic module was this.

Its advertised to raise at around 50mph+ for speed comfort, then lower automatically when your car gets under around 25 mph. I can tell you for a fact my unit didn’t do that. What it did do was raise the car about 1.5 inches above 50mph. Then, when I’d come to complete park and stop I’d get out and re-measure the wheel wells. Gained 1.5 inches in height every darn time and it didn’t re-lower. SUCKS!!! I then tried to disconnect the auto raise feature (i.e. wire) as Cargraphic told me this would disable the auto raise feature. Guess what, it didn’t, lol. Amazingly the car would still raise above 50 mph 1.5 inches and stay in the heightended state until I parked. I would then have to lower the car to loading level and reraise the car to low level to get back to where I started. COMPLETE FAIL!!!

SO, DV997 are you telling me your H&R module raises at 50mph and then relowers under 25 mph??? Have you measured to make sure that’s happening??? Interested to hear what you have to say, thanks!

Luckily I was able to return my Cargraphic module for a refund.

What I would like to try now is the TechArt module (Assuming the H&R module an Cargraphic are one in the same). Only one small, well, BIG problem. I cant find anyone near me with PIWIS (in Pittsburgh) to recalibrate the suspension. Dealerships will not help (i.e. warranty, liabilities, etc.). I’ve tried reaching out to a handful of Indy’s and no one has PIWIS that I am aware of, so open to suggestions from others as this point as the KW DLC is discontinued, right???

Really frustrating we can’t find I reasonable solution here….would appecaite others with the H&R chiming in because maybe I just got a DUD UNIT???

CLASSBA – If you endup getting a H&R OR WILHEML UNIT CAN YOU PLEASE REPORT BACK WITH YOUR FINDINGS???

I may try one of these units if they are confirmed to not just be a re-badged / branded Cargraphic or Wilhelm lowering module.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:54 PM
classba
Track Day

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Mine is a 2014 CTT.Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

The Macan Forum folks lead me to believe the H&R module was a knock-off of Cargraphic Module, which cost slightly less. If you look at them online together they are eerily similar in design and functionality.

I am not sure how Wilhelm's unit fits into this now as I have never heard of them and researched this quite a bit before buying. Maybe they are the mother ship producing these??? Let me know if you can confirm as I WOULD REALLY like to also lower my CTT, but have yet to find a satisfactory solution IMO.

Prior to the Cargraphic module I first started with cheap lowering links. They were horrible, I MEAN HORRIBLE!!! The CTT would hit a pot hole and bounce, and bounce, and bounce. It was like riding in a 60’s era Lincoln, lol. Not for me.

Sorry again to say, but the Cargraphic module was poo-poo as well, maybe 10% improvement in ride quality over the links.

Maybe DZ977’s standards are less than mine, but even lowering 1 inch, yes 1 freaking inch made the car suspension ride horrid as well with the Cargraphic module. It was noticeably rough and unforgiving. Cargraphic provided nearly zero tech support and basically ignored my emails, thus I am starting to wonder who is the creator of this module??? Is it Cargraphic, H&R, Wilhelm, Other???

The thing that REALLY UPSET ME about the Cargraphic module was this.

Its advertised to raise at around 50mph+ for speed comfort, then lower automatically when your car gets under around 25 mph. I can tell you for a fact my unit didn’t do that. What it did do was raise the car about 1.5 inches above 50mph. Then, when I’d come to complete park and stop I’d get out and re-measure the wheel wells. Gained 1.5 inches in height every darn time and it didn’t re-lower. SUCKS!!! I then tried to disconnect the auto raise feature (i.e. wire) as Cargraphic told me this would disable the auto raise feature. Guess what, it didn’t, lol. Amazingly the car would still raise above 50 mph 1.5 inches and stay in the heightended state until I parked. I would then have to lower the car to loading level and reraise the car to low level to get back to where I started. COMPLETE FAIL!!!

SO, DV997 are you telling me your H&R module raises at 50mph and then relowers under 25 mph??? Have you measured to make sure that’s happening??? Interested to hear what you have to say, thanks!

Luckily I was able to return my Cargraphic module for a refund.

What I would like to try now is the TechArt module (Assuming the H&R module an Cargraphic are one in the same). Only one small, well, BIG problem. I cant find anyone near me with PIWIS (in Pittsburgh) to recalibrate the suspension. Dealerships will not help (i.e. warranty, liabilities, etc.). I’ve tried reaching out to a handful of Indy’s and no one has PIWIS that I am aware of, so open to suggestions from others as this point as the KW DLC is discontinued, right???

Really frustrating we can’t find I reasonable solution here….would appecaite others with the H&R chiming in because maybe I just got a DUD UNIT???

CLASSBA – If you endup getting a H&R OR WILHEML UNIT CAN YOU PLEASE REPORT BACK WITH YOUR FINDINGS???

I may try one of these units if they are confirmed to not just be a re-badged / branded Cargraphic or Wilhelm lowering module.

Thanks.
Westside.... I know for a fact that Wilhelm is the mother ship and supply the likes of KW and H&R. KW DCL is still available to buy but cost more than the H&R even for the non mobile phone application unit.

I Hav e emailed H&R regarding the 45/25 mph but have not heard back from them so maybe it's time to give them a call.

Wilhelm do have a hardwired switch which you can turn the unit on/off which is handy if the car needs to be serviced etc.

Personally, I think the H&R, KW and the Wilhelm units are a safer bet.

Sure I'll let you know which one if any I will go for and how it performs.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Newbie with an question - lowering modules