Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Key not recognzied

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 03:36 PM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts

My 14 ctt does this daily. Hopefully there's a solution down the road.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:00 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 132 Posts

The only time my '17 got confused about the key was when I tried adding a module in-line in the liftgate to add more features to the remote. As in, hold the liftgate open button to get it to close. Or hold the unlock/lock button to roll down/up the windows. It 'worked' but not well enough to avoid the vehicle getting 'out of sync' with the key. I sort of understand why as the cheap chinese module probably does have all the right programming codes to properly interact with the security system.

My point here is perhaps that module in liftgate is part of the problem? I don't have a functional schematic to tell which modules are handling all of the various features. Just that when I plugged something inline with the liftgate module I started having key confusion. Makes me wonder if there's not potentially a problem with the liftgate modules for folks having similar key troubles? But I'm just guessing.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:50 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheUnscented
Yep. The batteries are new and correct. The dealer even replaced them again. Four more episodes since leaving dealer. Something I'm going to have to live with....
Did they check that each of the door handle and rear lift gate sensors were functioning properly?
Old 08-18-2017, 11:25 PM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
Did they check that each of the door handle and rear lift gate sensors were functioning properly?
I don't know what they did. They'd kept the car for several days and checked the OBD for codes (none). They say they can't reproduce the error. I get the error nearly daily. Maybe I should try the other P dealer in town.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:58 PM
jcdo
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
I recently had a similar experience (changing the battery didn't help). Warning kept popping up while driving. Anyway, dealer found the back passenger door handle for easy entry wasn't working and has replaced it - believes that was the issue. Will see if it fixes it.
When I bought my CS, the seller told me it was the rear handle but it went away after a few days. It's now back and happens frequent. Did it fix after the dealer replace the door handle and how much did it cost? Thanks
Old 02-21-2023, 12:55 PM
ep85255
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Problem After Door Handle Fix

Got rear passenger door handle fixed and immediately started getting erroneous messages for key recognition and low battery warning. Was the door repair done wrong, do I need to reset keys somehow?
Old 03-17-2024, 02:39 PM
sdiamond
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Alwrts

I have a ‘12 CTT and also get the KNR alert and chime. Have never had an issue starting the car even when chime has occurred. Fob works to lock unlock start etc but the chime is annoying. Why would it occur when fob otherwise works??
Old 03-18-2024, 09:32 AM
pyramidimaging
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
My 14 ctt does this daily. Hopefully there's a solution down the road.
Our 2013 diesel does this daily as well. This is such a common problem I don't understand why there isn't an official Porsche solution. Our only foolproof way of getting it work is to take the dummy key out, open the driver door press the unlock button on the fob put the dummy back in and then start the car with the fob.

One dealer told us we need a new $1200 key fob. We laughed out loud when he said that and walked out.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:17 AM
kvec
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pyramidimaging
Our 2013 diesel does this daily as well. This is such a common problem I don't understand why there isn't an official Porsche solution. Our only foolproof way of getting it work is to take the dummy key out, open the driver door press the unlock button on the fob put the dummy back in and then start the car with the fob.

One dealer told us we need a new $1200 key fob. We laughed out loud when he said that and walked out.
Likely you both have failing door handles. Check this thread.

Quick Reply: Key not recognzied