Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I've officially joined your Family!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 12:15 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I've officially joined your Family!

After 4+ months of obsessively searching, it's done. 2013 CTT

The P!G is loaded up and on her way to her new home. Only 3,200 miles to go!

I'll post pictures and some well regarded thank yous to some fellow members when she comes in next week. We are excited!

Old 06-20-2017, 03:17 PM
jlusby
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats!! Can't wait to see some more pictures of that interior. Nothing like having a 1 of 1 or at least pretty damn close to 1 of 1!
Old 06-20-2017, 06:18 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Originally Posted by jlusby
Congrats!! Can't wait to see some more pictures of that interior. Nothing like having a 1 of 1 or at least pretty damn close to 1 of 1!
Thanks Jeff!

I'm excited to finally see it in person!

​​​​​​​Hope you are atill learning and enjoying your TTS. Still waiting for your interior red/black pics 😬
Old 06-20-2017, 08:12 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by g8tor20
After 4+ months of obsessively searching, it's done. 2013 CTT

The P!G is loaded up and on her way to her new home. Only 3,200 miles to go!

I'll post pictures and some well regarded thank yous to some fellow members when she comes in next week. We are excited!

jason, it will be a LONG week ! dz
Old 06-20-2017, 10:18 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Very exciting! Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:32 AM
g8tor20
Instructor

Hey Dan...yes...it'll be a long week indeed. I'v already called shipper to get their track. They did confirm Monday is still target day.

I've already bought the clear corners and the chrome bulbs. Already got an appt set for the tint shop that I use. I'm reeeeeeeady
Old 06-21-2017, 12:27 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

I can only imagine your anticipation. It is exciting and I know that websites like this are the only place where there are others who care, thank goodness for them.

Give us more details? Colors? Options? What did you have to have that took 4 months to find?

How much to have it shipped to you?
Old 06-21-2017, 12:41 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Fantastic. Can't wait to hear the details!!

=Steve
Old 06-21-2017, 04:13 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Originally Posted by BenCD
I know that websites like this are the only place where there are others who care, thank goodness for them.
Ain't that the truth. I think my wife stopped caring around March. Haha
Old 06-21-2017, 04:30 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

It took me so many months mainly because of the options I wanted.

It had to be a 958 Turbo or Turbo S
It had to have the Sports Design Package
It had to have PDCC & PTV
It had to have Burmester
It had to have Adaptive Cruise
It had to have Ventilated Seats
It had to have an interior that was special (not just black or tan)
It had to have lower miles (under 30k was preferable)

So getting all of those in a package was hard to find without going to the CTTS level. Then there were some things I hoped it would have once I found it:

I would have liked the sport tube tips
I would have liked deviated stitching
I would have liked insulated glass
I would have liked multi-function steering wheel (knowing that most with PDCC are part of sports package which comes with sports wheel)
I would have liked wheels painted in black (didn't care which 21" version)

So low and behold, this one popped up in Seattle which had everything above and a ton more. I jumped on it within 20 minutes of it popping up and sealed it after a PPI a few days later. PPI came back great.

I must give a huge thank you to Dan (dz997) who happens to live near the dealership that had it. It saved me a few thousand bucks and time I couldn't afford to lose by being kind enough to go out to the dealership and put eyes on it. He actually was able to tell me a few things that I had not known about. Then, he actually went out there AGAIN as a follow up. Can't begin to thank him enough and hope to actually meet him one day to personally thank him.

Shipping ended up being $1,150 from Seattle to Jupiter, FL. I did ask to be on top (which they said it wold probably be anyways being an SUV) and that I did not want the first position above the cab. But who knows what they'll actually do. I did ship it open carrier as in the end, it's just a car. A used one at that and a daily driver. So, even though $500 isn't that much, I didn't think it was worth it to go enclosed. Time will tell whether that was a dumb move.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:23 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

So here is the car...had every thing I had to have...everything I wanted...and stuff I'm excited to have. It is a super optioned out CTT which was actually below my budget that I set.

What's funny is that I made the offer based on Vindecoderz print out...but I guess there is a limit to how many options it shows. The build sheet included a ton more which I only found out about after they accepted my offer.

2013 CTT
24,300 miles. Just out of warranty but I already got a Fidelity Platinum Warranty for an additional 7 years / 70k miles. Also, the previous owner was nice enough to take it to Porsche to have the 20k mile service done just before trading it in.

Jet Black Metallic
Two tone Titanium Blue / Black Interior with Black Seat Inserts
Interior with Anthracite Birch Package

E81 Turbo Power Kit
Sports Design Package with Side Skirts
PDCC
PTV
Multi-function Steering Wheel with Anthracite Birch
Sport Tube Exhaust Pipe
Bermester
21" Cayenne Sport Wheels in Black
Seat Centers in Deviated Color
Decorative stitching in deviated color
Extended Dashboard trim interior package in leather
Rear view mirror in leather
Air vent slats in leather
PCM display surround in leather
Door handle and ash tray surround in leather
Steering Column casing in leather
Floor mats with colored logotype and leather surround
Sun Visor in leather
Extended grab handles in Anthracite Birch
Insulated / Privacy Glass
Adaptive cruise
Park Assist with Rear view cameras
Front Seat Ventilation
Blind Spot Detection
4 zone A/C
Pano Roof
Porsche Entry and Drive
Exterior package in black
Extended exterior package painted in black
Roof Rails in black
Tail lights tinted black
Xenon Dynamic Lights in black
Extended LED Comfort lighting package
Trailer Hitch
Cargo Management
Door Sill Guard in Aluminium and Illuminated
Headrests with crest
Model logo on front armrest
Aluminum Gear Selector
CD Changer
Instrument Dials in White
Electronic Logbook
Compass on dashboard
Compass Dial in White
Voice Control
Online Services

As you can see, the original owner went to town on options including the $20k powerkit which I had not seen once in all my searching. Also, must have really liked leather.

What's weird is that there was no Premium Package Plus option code on the build. Yet, they a la carted everything in it except rear window roll up...which I thought was weird / stupid. But I got a hold of the original dealer and got the original build sheet. Sure enough...no premium package plus.

Anyways, I wanted unique and this certainly qualifies. I know the titanium blue thing will not be for everyone's liking...but I really like it. It's so different from the black or tan I've had my whole life. Then you add the black seat center, deviated stitching and all the leather. Figured if I am getting a Porsche...may as well have some fun with it and get something unique!

My only real concession was that I wanted White. Black is sporty so that works too but I have nightmares of dirt and swirl marks.

So far Dan is the only one who has seen it in person. Bought the thing sight unseen...so we'll seeeeeeeee
Old 06-21-2017, 05:45 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Ain't that the truth. I think my wife stopped caring around March. Haha
Believe me, I think my lucky stars for internet forums. Otherwise, no one in the whole wide world gives a damn about my Cayenne, dual sport dirtbike, snowmobile or boat/outboard motor and all the trailers.

At least on the forums, others care enough to write back and talk about things that we have a keen interest in.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:14 PM
aw001
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!! Pictures please!!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:59 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Damn G8tor that thing is OPTIONED to the HILT!!! VERY cool !!!

Our option sheets are very similar, and the only thing I didn't see that mine came with is the illuminated door sills, which to be honest, the front ones that I would see the most are covered up by my weathertech rubber mats anyway. But I would still guess that our MSRP's were similar,.. and that means you're up near or above $150k. Well bought. Seriously very hard to find a non "S" CTT with that many options tacked on.

Hey does the E81 Power Kit mean that it also has the MUCH sought after PSE (Sport Exhaust)??
Man, that is one thing I really wish mine had. The Turbo's really kill a lot of the great v8 sound,.. and I will someday do something about that (2ndary cat bypass, or Akropovic, or something).

Can't wait to see some pics!!
=Steve
Old 06-21-2017, 08:32 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Thanks Steve. Can't wait to see it myself.

Yeah....they went nutty. It was actually over $190k but $20k of that is the turbo kit. They also a-la-carted stuff in the Premium Plus Package so that didn't help. Also, getting the PDCC and PTV separately since they also wanted the multi-function wheel.

Certainly the most optioned non CTTS that I have seen. But since they didn't have the CTTS in 2013...this is as close to it as it comes for that year.

The turbo kit is cool since I was going to get a tune. I think...and feel free to correct me if I am wrong...but I think the power kit is mostly larger turbos and a remapping of the ECU...so basically a tune from Porsche. No sports exhaust. Gotta be biggest waste of $20k ever. But I am not sure...so little info on it. But at least I don't have to worry about an aftermarket tune and warranty issues.

I'm with you about the sound. The guy with the CTT across the street from me sounds timid. Barely hear him when he comes and goes. I'm thinking secondary cat bypass too. It'll help the turbos breathe and maybe up the sound a little. Since I got this thing under my budget, I can play around a little with it.

Quick Reply: I've officially joined your Family!