Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cargo boxes and wind noise?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 11:35 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Since I found some of these RL threads (as well as this on on 6spd; https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ross-bars.html) helpful in choosing my load rails and cargo box(es), I thought I'd post pictures and feedback to share, in case it helps someone else.

Ended up with Thule 60" aeroblades in black, Thule crossroad railing feet, and two Thule Force Alpine's. Since I'll have both of my dogs (60lbs GSP and 70lb Dobe) in a TransK9 crate in the back, and need room for 3 rear passengers at times, all my gear needs to go up on the roof. I decided that the new Thule Motion's are too square shaped to match the rounded lines of the 958, and a Thule Force XXL is much too long to try to optimize fuel mileage with these rockets on the roof, so I went wider than the 52" standard on aeroblades, went with the pass-thru design with the 60" blades, and went with dueling Force Alpine's. Their outboard edge is in vertical plane with the sides of the Cayenne, and even opening up both at the same time, the boxes don't touch. Aiming to get them both color matched very soon, hopefully my pro paint shop can put enough flex agent in the paint to work with the new Thule microdiamonds(supposed to help improve MPG). Wind noise; yep, it's there, but what do you expect with any roof box? Crank up the stereo(Bose is pretty dang good for being stock). More mods to come...

Quick Reply: Cargo boxes and wind noise?