Looking to buy cayenne (2011-present) generation pre owned

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 09:35 PM
PorscheF
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy cayenne (2011-present) generation pre owned

Hi all,
I'm looking for a pre-owned cayenne for myself. Being a single girl and not knowing much about cars, what should I look out for in terms of online used car sales? I'm looking to get the newest body style with around 30-40k miles. Are there known issues with the cayenne's I should look out for? thank you so much!
Old 03-06-2017, 10:54 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,975 Likes on 1,763 Posts

1. Buy from a Porches dealer.

2. Got to the Porsche website and look at their preowned section. It's in the dropdown tab.

3. Market is soft so don't be scared off buy the price. Mine was listed at close to 60k and I got about $8,500 off that price. It wasn't a CPO but I insisted that they CPO it or I don't buy and they did. You can do the same.

What not to do. do not buy off a small ma and pa lot. Do not buy from a boutique. Most of those cars have stories or a hard life. I looked for my car for almost a year and it was a waste of my time on every independent dealer I called or visited.

Also, use the Porsche vin decoder website to size up every car you are interested in. That site will shut you down after you run a bunch of cars through it. It will then reset you but that takes like a week or two.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:40 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 413 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
1. Buy from a Porches dealer.

2. Got to the Porsche website and look at their preowned section. It's in the dropdown tab.

3. Market is soft so don't be scared off buy the price. Mine was listed at close to 60k and I got about $8,500 off that price. It wasn't a CPO but I insisted that they CPO it or I don't buy and they did. You can do the same.

What not to do. do not buy off a small ma and pa lot. Do not buy from a boutique. Most of those cars have stories or a hard life. I looked for my car for almost a year and it was a waste of my time on every independent dealer I called or visited.

Also, use the Porsche vin decoder website to size up every car you are interested in. That site will shut you down after you run a bunch of cars through it. It will then reset you but that takes like a week or two.
Great advice, I followed the same advice from RAudi when I was looking for my 2012 Cayenne S last Fall. I waited patiently and checked the CPO inventory literally every day until the right car popped up. You have to be both patient AND fast, but you'll be rewarded with a great car with all of the options that you want. I would DEFINITELY suggest sticking with CPO cars if you're looking at 958's because a bum transfer case alone will run you $3,500 (not to mention other "known" issues like the coolant bridge problems on some of the early 958's...).

Good luck with your search, that's actually part of the fun
Old 03-09-2017, 12:39 PM
moskasa
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Agreed with both above comments. That's what I did when I purchased my 2014 CPO Cayenne last december. Unfortunately, I was laid off a month or so ago and I need to sell. If you're interested, I have a CPO (for nearly another 4 years) Umber Metallic Cayenne (39k miles) with premium plus package, tow package, plus more. It also has new OE Goodyear tires with less than 1k on them, and just had the ~$1800 40k service done. I'm looking for $45k. I'll be listing it for sale on here within the next couple of days, but if you want more info, I can send it to you. I have photos, orig window sticker, CPO docs, etc. Shoot me your email and I can send you more info. In any case, good luck with your search!

Quick Reply: Looking to buy cayenne (2011-present) generation pre owned