Sponsored By:

Transfer case failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Snipe656
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by element
I just had the same thing - stuttering and warranty replaced transfer case + updated vent. I will be flushing the transfer case fluid with oil changes (not sure if ill do it yearly or every other), but its a quick and cheap way to make sure you don't get any oil contamination which is the theory on why this happens.

phil.
I need to see what it cost, can't imagine the guy I use for oil changes charging much more so really should just be added cost of the fluid. But also like to do some reading around to see if failures with this updated vent are happening. I probably drive more than you because I bought this 2 years ago, so I'd not even consider every other year to change the fluid because that puts me to basically today for first fluid change. I do not see me keeping this thing outside of warranty after all the expensive problems(engine replacement, turbo replacement, and now TC replacement) it has had, so need to factor that into my decision since saving the TC from failing while under warranty could result in just a waste of money for me and perhaps saving money for the next owner.

Quick Reply: Transfer case failure