Sponsored By:

S vs GTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 12:22 AM
parealtor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S vs GTS

Looking at a 2016 Cayenne GTS that is barely used with under 7K miles. My buddy owns an S and is saying Im better off getting an S and save the money since the engine is essentially the same and besides a few body parts, etc there really isnt much of a difference.

I tend to disagree but am I missing something here?

While Im posting.. What would be a reasonable price for a CPO's 2016 GTS with a MSRP of around $112K? Less than 7K miles.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:51 AM
Liet
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased a 2016 GTS with 7k miles. I felt there was an appreciable difference between the two trims, although I was a bit more focused on the SE Hybrid. The GTS threw in a lot of very nice kit and a little more performance for not much added cost... which I wanted/appreciated. And it had depreciated meaningfully.

Based on my recent shopping and buying experience, 91-93k should be achievable depending on the dealer... I got mine for 23k off msrp but no CPO.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:50 AM
caronsd
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

We bought a GTS in January. It was a CPO vehicle with a bit over 8K miles. I believe the original sticker was in the $107K range. Paid $92K.

I really like the look of the GTS over the S. We love the vehicle and feel that we got a lot more vehicle for our $ by going the CPO route.

Best of luck!
Old 08-26-2016, 11:09 AM
parealtor
Racer

So my thinking of $87 to $89K isnt too far off

thanks guys
Old 08-26-2016, 12:13 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Post uptake options list.

Several things that your'e gonna want to have is:

PDCC
leather dash
ACC
18 way seats, but this aren't a deal breaker.

These are the things that I like the most. Of and burmester if possible.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:14 PM
parealtor
Racer

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Post uptake options list.

Several things that your'e gonna want to have is:

PDCC
leather dash
ACC
18 way seats, but this aren't a deal breaker.

These are the things that I like the most. Of and burmester if possible.
is PDCC really that essential? After all its an SUV and Im going to be taking it to the track. I keep hearing its a wise choice. Guess I need to drive a cayenne with and without PDCC. rest of the list I believe it has.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:26 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by parealtor
is PDCC really that essential? After all its an SUV and Im going to be taking it to the track. I keep hearing its a wise choice. Guess I need to drive a cayenne with and without PDCC. rest of the list I believe it has.
I recently bought a 958 CTT with PDCC from my local Porsche dealer after trading my non-PDCC 957 CTT. Initially I too didn't really expect the PDCC to make that much difference, after all the non-PDCC SUV was no slouch in the handling department. But after some seat time on some twisty mountain roads, wow, big difference! Worth it.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:11 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Its night and day and makes the large pig of an suv handle like a sports car. I had mine through Angelus Crest when I first got it. I normally run my GT3 up there and am blasting at speed at 6am. This time I brought the Cayenne Turbo and I have to say that I was almost just as fast. The CTT handles like it's on rails with the PDCC and PTV, however you can't really feel the PTV at high speeds. You can feel the PTV going around right and left turns in the city all day long. It kinda whips you around the turn and does feel really nice.

The PDCC is a must have option for the Cayenne. It's that good. If there was only one option for that car
I could have it would be the PDCC over:

18 way seats
Adaptive Cruise Control
leather dash
Burmeister
pano roof
PCCB's
Old 08-27-2016, 02:36 AM
Liet
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finding PDCC on a used GTS is going to significantly narrow the list of available cars. I'm sure it is great, but I think mine is still incredibly enjoyable without it. The must have options from my POV were:

* premium plus package (particularly LEDs)
* 14 way seats (need the rears to fold flatter than 18s)
* 21" wheels
* PASM
* Bose (sounds great to me)
* full leather
* trailer hitch

Add a nice tint to the windows. Everything else, like entry and drive, was gravy for me.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:16 PM
luvmy356
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The PDCC makes a huge difference even with just in town driving. It corners so flat around regular corners that my non enthusiast wife notices.

But there are also benefits outside of curves. PDCC keep the stiffness settings low until it senses a turn/curve. This results in a ride more controlled when hitting a single side bump /pothole as the one wheel is freer to travel more independently of the opposite side.

And finally PDCC benefits off roaders as it can "disconnect" the sway bars allowing for full independent wheel travel. I doubt I'll ever try that on my GTS but it's there if I ever need it.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Joel 67
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll echo what others have mentioned, I have PDCC and would not want a performance vehicle without it.

Is it needed for a base or even an S? Probably not. CTT or GTS? IMO absolutely.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:33 PM
parealtor
Racer

good to know.. thanks guys. And thanks for making my search for a GTS that much more difficult.

Quick Reply: S vs GTS