New Cayenne Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 12:04 AM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default New Cayenne Owner

Hi,

I am the happy owner of a 2016 CPO Cayenne S with all the goodies I wanted except the adaptive cruise and tow package. The tow package as I am told is a result of the Cayenne being a hybrid.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn the car actually has 4200 miles and not 8200 as I was initially led to believe.

It might have been fluff but I also opted for the three add-on packages the dealer offered covering the wheels/glass/dents/paint/interior/lost keys/prepaid maintenance and headlights.

Better covered than exposed I guess.

You guys were absolutely right....I read another thread where some were talking about Carmax offering more than the dealer regarding the trade and sure enough, I got an extra $2500 from Carmax. It nearly paid for the above fluff items.

Thanks forum!
Old 05-08-2016, 03:28 AM
CTTS520
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ZenicaPA
Hi,

I am the happy owner of a 2016 CPO Cayenne S with all the goodies I wanted except the adaptive cruise and tow package. The tow package as I am told is a result of the Cayenne being a hybrid.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn the car actually has 4200 miles and not 8200 as I was initially led to believe.

It might have been fluff but I also opted for the three add-on packages the dealer offered covering the wheels/glass/dents/paint/interior/lost keys/prepaid maintenance and headlights.

Better covered than exposed I guess.

You guys were absolutely right....I read another thread where some were talking about Carmax offering more than the dealer regarding the trade and sure enough, I got an extra $2500 from Carmax. It nearly paid for the above fluff items.

Thanks forum!
Congrats. Glad it all came together for you. Enjoy your new Cayenne.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:18 PM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks.

Drove all around town between gas/battery and racked up 29MPG with city driving. Exactly what I was hoping for.

Anyone know how the "E-CHARGE" feature works? It recharges the battery while driving and not just be using the regenerative brakes. It's very useful for restoring battery capacity when driving at speeds above where the electric is beneficial.

So far, not a single complaint with the car. I look forward to driving again...and I don't have to wait for clear skies to drive the Z06 to do it either!
Old 05-10-2016, 10:52 AM
Robotpedlr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZenicaPA
Thanks. Drove all around town between gas/battery and racked up 29MPG with city driving. Exactly what I was hoping for. Anyone know how the "E-CHARGE" feature works? It recharges the battery while driving and not just be using the regenerative brakes. It's very useful for restoring battery capacity when driving at speeds above where the electric is beneficial. So far, not a single complaint with the car. I look forward to driving again...and I don't have to wait for clear skies to drive the Z06 to do it either!
Congrats. Yes eCharge uses the engine to quickly charge the battery (about 30 miles of driving or so). But it does use more gas to do so. So I find it is a wash and don't really use it much. The benefit would be if you are cruising on the freeway and heading to city or stop and go traffic and want the battery full for that. I have about 16k miles on mine and love it.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne Owner