Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Finally did it! 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Dokebi1221
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Finally did it! 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid!

Hello everyone,

I finally pulled the trigger and traded in my beloved S8 for this new to me 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid with 23k miles on her! I'm very happy, but then again I feel sad at the same time.

Options:

0M1 - Extended Range Fuel Tank
0P3 - Four-tube Sports Tailpipes
1BZ - Porsche Active Suspension Managmement (PASM)
1D6 - Trailer coupling without removable ball joint
2ZH - Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel
3S5 - Roof Rails and Moldings with Black Finish
4A4 - Heated Seats Front and Rear
4D3 - Seat Ventilation Front
5TE - Brushed Aluminum Interior Package
7X2 - ParkAssist Front and Rear
9Q - Meteor Grey Metallic
9W1 - Telephone Module
BASE - Cayenne S Hybrid
F09 - 19" Cayenne Design II Wheel
G1G - 8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start Stop Function
MD - Standard Interior in Platinum Grey
PE5 - 14-way Power Seats with Memory Package
PU2 - Premium Package
PU6 - BOSE Audio Package
QJ4 - Exterior Package in high-gloss Black
V0G - Michelin Tires

What good is it without the pictures? Sorry for bad phone shots.

Small gift the dealer gave me.

If anyone remembers, I originally wanted Cayenne S (My heart said GTS or Turbo, but my bank account said get a second job), but instead got this hybrid. My wife wanted a hybrid and I wanted S, so I thought it was a good compromise on getting this.
I drove more than 4 hours to get to the dealer. It was a long trip, especially with my 1 year old baby and wife. After everything was done, we drove off the lot and went to the hotel. It was a good 30min drive with the CH. After spending the night at the hotel, next day we drove home.

My review on Cayenne S Hybrid:

It wasn't as quiet as I thought it would be when driving with the engine on (Engine sound, not the exhaust note), but of course when only going with the electric power, it was quiet as grass growing.

Unless you are going super slow from the stop, it's really hard to just go with the electric power only. It'll need a help from a engine for you to go normal speed from the stop then it will switch off to electric depending on how hard you are pressing the gas.

I feel great when I see RPM at "0" when going around the town and highway, because that's when it's only using the electric power only. Then again, I feel like playing a game of trying to use less engine all the time which makes me keep looking at the RPM. I got little tired afterwards. I'll probably not going to concern about using electric or not anymore. Whatever I do, it will be hundred times better than my S8 on MPG.

I love the Four-tube Sports Tailpipes. I know it's just a cosmetic, but it looks much better than the base tips. It makes my rear more aggressive. Now if I can make it sound as good as the looks, then it will be perfect.

I never had Seat Ventilation in any vehicles I owned. I tried for the first time and I got to say this is amazing. I was kept cool even without the AC on. I'm sure in the summer time, I will be using it every time with AC on.

My review on Cayenne S Hybrid vs Audi S8:

There are options I had in S8 that CH doesn't have which is making me I'm downgraded. My CH doesn't have Keyless entry. Big problem for us since we carry our baby. Its much convenient to just grab the handle and open the door instead of reaching for our pocket while holding a baby, unlock, put the key into the pocket, then opening the door.

Keyless start/stop. I miss this function a lot. I thought I could live without when buying the CH, but I'm spoiled now with my S8. I think keyless entry and start/stop should be standard in premium package for Cayenne at least...

Alcantara over head. I had this with my S8 and made the car feel more luxury and comfy. Our CH has this cheap texture feel over head and makes it feel like we are in Honda or something.

Trunk space is not as big as I thought it would be. It's actually shorter than my S8 if I don't recline the back seats flat. It does have more height space though.

Exhaust is super boring compare to my V10 beast, but of course I knew that. It's a hybrid! What did you expect? In the future, definitely GTS...

Overall, I do like the CH. It's safer than my S8 and seating on higher gives you better line of view. It's pretty quiet and love the electric mode. My insurance is even cheaper with CH than my S8. I can't wait to enjoy this CH with my family for years to come. Hope you guys enjoyed my little story. Glad to be part of Cayenne club!

Here is tribute to my beloved S8.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:56 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Congrats Dokebi

Nice write-up on your initial impression. Enjoyed reading & thanks for pics!
=S
Old 03-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Dokebi1221
Instructor

Thanks bwesteve!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:54 PM
jay958
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would keep that S8
Old 03-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Dokebi1221
Instructor

Originally Posted by jay958
i would keep that S8
Noooooo jay958! You are not helping....

Haha.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:27 AM
Joel 67
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Any interior shots? I'd like to see what the color looks like.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:56 AM
Dokebi1221
Instructor

Here is the picture dealer sent me before.

It's just a regular gray color. They make it sound really cool, Platinum Grey...Haha

Old 03-31-2016, 05:03 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

colors are personal,.... but those 14-way seats ARE THE BOMB!

I absolutely LOVE the seat foam in the 14-way,... especially for long trips.

High bolsters & hard seat foam are awesome for 911's, track cars, etc.

.... but for me?,... yes I autocross my CTT,... and yes my body slides around a bit inbetween the cones,... but my main purpose for this vehicle is a SUV. It's a gear hauler, people mover, tow vehicle, etc.

Enjoy your seats!!!
Old 03-31-2016, 05:29 PM
Dokebi1221
Instructor

Yea, no complaints about the 14-way seats. It was pretty comfy driving 4 hours and 30 min coming home from the dealer, but my main happiness was the seat ventilation.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:47 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

right!! Seat A/C is awesome on those hot days.

My only problem now, is that I am COVERING UP those A/C seats, with a neoprene seat cover,... while I am in the hot North Carolina sun on my Kiteboarding trip,... to prevent sand from entering all those little holes.

I haven't put them on yet,... but I'm hoping the cold air will cool the neoprene, and I can still get the benefit. Then I'll start worrying about the fan motor, and it's attempt to push air past a neoprene cover which is suffocating it,... and maybe burning my seat fan motor out? .... or maybe I'm just paranoid.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Dokebi1221
Instructor

I'm sure covering up the A/C seats with neoprene seat cover wouldn't be a problem, but it won't be as effective of course. I will just dance around the car before getting in so I wouldn't bring the sand in...Haha. You could say it's a ritual to a porsche gods before getting in.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:40 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Ritual Dance,.... Funny.

Hey, another thing I noticed after looking at your CH, and the options you listed...

You did not list option 8SI, but it looks like your CH has the "LED Rear Tail Lights Black" option. My 2012 CTT has it too. Love it. Blacked out headlight surround too. It really completes the black out look that you have with the roof rails, and QJ4 Exterior Gloss Black window trim.

The reason I suspect you have the 8SI, is cuz yours does not have the clear portion in the upper section of the lens,... like this pic...

but maybe you just did not post the entire options list for us. Either way, nicely done,.. well optioned in my opinion.

=S
Old 04-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Dokebi1221
Instructor

For some reason I thought it was standard for 2012 model, but of course we are talking about Porsche where nothing is standard. Probably dealer forgot to add the options on the list or perhaps previous owner installed it after? Either way, I'm very pleased with that blacked out look with Exterior Package in high-gloss Black. Now if I can get 21" PORSCHE CAYENNE GTS SPORT black rims I will be set...

By the way, I have a sport chrono in the center of the dash. It looks vey cool, but when I turn it on to have the clock option, the ticking sound of the seconds needle is sooooooo loud! Is there a way to turn the seconds needle off only?
Old 04-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Dokebi1221
Instructor

My first mod, if you can call it a mod...:P

Very very pleased.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:50 PM
rdpennin
Track Day

Congrats on the new wheels - beautiful ride, man!

R

Quick Reply: Finally did it! 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid!