Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ride Level Weird Question? One Corner Lower?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 04:44 PM
ElSpoon958
Racer

Question Ride Level Weird Question? One Corner Lower?

I posted this on my build thread but I don't think it'll get many views so I apologize (mods) in advance for "double posting"... but I figure this may get more eyes on it here and a better place for general discussion about height / level etc.

2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I started to install my new Eurowise rear control arms last night and I noticed when I jacked my car up that my passenger rear side hangs/sits noticeably lower than the driver side. And I've noticed it sitting this way for a long time. Like, when the suspension is loaded and I'm parked on a level surface, doesn't matter where I am, I've always asked the question to myself as I approach the vehicle, "Why does it seem/feel like the right rear is just sitting lower than the rest of the vehicle?" I have historically just chalked it up to maybe my eyes deceiving me, or non-level surfaces, or who knows, maybe bad suspension components which I'm in the process of replacing one by one as we speak....

But what, why, how.... is this happening? Is it bad shock/strut i.e. leaking air or something? Something with ride height level sensor? Something need to be programmed? Vehicle has never been in any accident that would affect any components that I'm aware of. I don't think the control arms being old/bad would have to do with this.... it seems like if anything, it's the air spring (shock/strut/whatever). But what's weird is that it rides fine, I mean. I guess I haven't really felt it pull or handle or behave differently, even when I've raised the vehicle to the highest level possible. I feel like if only one corner was considerably lower than the rest of the vehicle, it'd be pretty apparent in how the vehicle drives.

Unless this is somehow actually by design?

Pic for reference....

On an otherwise "level" garage floor surface, the right passenger rear side just will not go up the same as the driver left side...
Old Yesterday | 05:00 PM
AnAlbumCover
Rennlist Member

if you jack perfectly centered? Your hitch looks like its slight tilted. Putting it on 2 jackstands would answer this question.
The following users liked this post:
ElSpoon958 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 06:24 PM
ElSpoon958
Racer

Originally Posted by AnAlbumCover
if you jack perfectly centered? Your hitch looks like its slight tilted. Putting it on 2 jackstands would answer this question.
Yeah I guess that'll be the next thing I do and try to capture a photo and maybe measurements from the garage floor. But I'm telling you, I swear I've noticed a strange "dip" or just sitting a little lower in the right rear side for over a year. I just dismissed it mentally. Hoping it wouldn't be something major like having to replace all 4 air struts or something lol

Quick Reply: Ride Level Weird Question? One Corner Lower?