Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

stealth hitch + OE module, or full OE setup?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024 | 06:10 PM
kolosy
Intermediate

Default stealth hitch + OE module, or full OE setup?

So I just stumbled into a 2011 Cayenne Turbo. I intend to tow my track car with it (figure 6k lbs with a uhaul open trailer). What do people think about stealth hitch vs OE (nothing's installed right now)? I'd run factory electronics either way. I did this on my X5 and it worked great and looked better than stock.

Any opinions?
Old 09-05-2024 | 02:01 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

I installed the OEM hitch and Trailer plug - ordered from Suncoast.
Wiring is already in the car.
There is a panel in the rear that is opened to connect to the trailer plug wiring. My indy does these all the time and it took less than an hour. 90% time was taking trim etc off and on.
Very easy.

I added a Tekonsha 90195 P3 brake controller. Need to set the ECU to recognize that.
My GF has a 2016 and his PWISS was good to set the ECU for her car, but he needed a PWISS2 ($$$) for my 2018. I had the dealer do that.
Old 09-05-2024 | 02:07 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

At the top of my list would be what are the towing specs on the "Stealth Hitch"?

My Cayenne post factory dealer installed Porsche hitch is not very visible. Even with its Porsche hitch tube insert.
Old 09-05-2024 | 04:16 PM
kolosy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CAVU
At the top of my list would be what are the towing specs on the "Stealth Hitch"?

My Cayenne post factory dealer installed Porsche hitch is not very visible. Even with its Porsche hitch tube insert.
it's rated higher than the stock one. 8000# towing, 800# tongue weight. it's also a more solid connection point because the receiver mounts up much more firmly (it users a conical connection instead of just a pin) so there's no slack in it. the only thing i'm unsure of is whether you could use a DW rig on it or not, but I don't really intend to tow anything that would warrant that.
Old 09-05-2024 | 05:41 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kolosy
it's rated higher than the stock one. 8000# towing, 800# tongue weight. it's also a more solid connection point because the receiver mounts up much more firmly (it users a conical connection instead of just a pin) so there's no slack in it. the only thing i'm unsure of is whether you could use a DW rig on it or not, but I don't really intend to tow anything that would warrant that.
Okay, figured it out. It is a brand of hitch.

Last edited by CAVU; 09-05-2024 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2024 | 09:13 PM
kolosy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CAVU
Okay, figured it out. It is a brand of hitch.
yep that’s right. It’s generally a quality product, I have one on my x5.

Quick Reply: stealth hitch + OE module, or full OE setup?