Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Window switch part failure. Possible to replace only this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2024, 03:29 PM
VicS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Window switch part failure. Possible to replace only this?

Folks,

The driver's side push/pull switch (in yellow) broke and is able to come out of its housing making for uncertain operation especially when falling out and getting lost under the seat.
Question: Is it possible to replace just this failed part in the assembly or do I need to purchase the entire unit comprising all window switches?
Thanks!

Image of The Turbo S cause its pretty

Last edited by VicS; 08-02-2024 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-02-2024, 08:46 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 324 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by VicS
Folks, The driver's side push/pull switch (in yellow) broke and is able to come out of its housing making for uncertain operation especially when falling out and getting lost under the seat. Question: Is it possible to replace just this failed part in the assembly or do I need to purchase the entire unit comprising all window switches?
Thanks!
This is a known issue. If your Cayenne is CPO, dealer will replace the switch for free. My experience. Also my experience, supergluing it does not work.

If not CPO, search this subforum. There are links to getting the switch from Amazonville. And no, only one switch cannot be replaced. The subassembly has to replaced. When ordering make sure to get the correct switch (there are multiple versions.)
The following users liked this post:
VicS (08-03-2024)
Old 08-02-2024, 10:21 PM
11bravo
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Very simple fix. You buy a replacement switch set, which includes all the switches within that little console. The little console is removed by gently prying with a plastic pry tool ($3 at Harbor). Pull out the small console, remove connections, re-attach the connections to the new piece, and press new console into place, I bought a new small console with all the right switches for $30 (Amazon or Ebay). Yes, it is probably an import, and has worked well for 18 months.

When you shop for the replacement piece, BE CERTAIN that the pic shows the exact number and type of switches as yours.

This is literally a 10 minute swap out.

Good luck!

Last edited by 11bravo; 08-02-2024 at 10:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
VicS (08-03-2024)

Quick Reply: Window switch part failure. Possible to replace only this?