What engine mounts will fit? 2011 Cayenne 3.6L Base

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 08:15 PM
wrscott
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What engine mounts will fit? 2011 Cayenne 3.6L Base

Hi all,

Having a hard time identifying which engine mounts will fit my 3.6L Porsche Cayenne 2011. I've read in different spots online that the engine mounts are interchangeable with the VW Touareg parts but then when I review part numbers I can't see them interchanging.

Europa Parts lists them as interchangeable: https://www.europaparts.com/engine-m...837504900.html

However the store I'm looking to buy mounts from here says that the mounts I need are PN: 95837504900 and are not interchangeable with 95837504910. However Europa Parts list them as an exchangeable part number.

I am getting very confused! Any help would be great. I would rather pay VW prices than the Porsche tax on these mounts

Old 07-24-2024, 11:16 AM
Daveheardt
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I am no expert so don't take this as an advise, just an opinion from a fellow Porsche owner. While I am relatively new Porsche owner, I too found things confusing when I started researching so I think this information could be helpful - I know I would've found it helpful when I was starting.

- I would argue that your 3.6 engine is a VW engine, not a Porsche engine, just like my diesel engine is a VW engine. Meaning - items made to work with the VW equivalent should fit well. If you had one of the large Porsche engines that would've been a different story.
- Whether you buy it from Porsche, VW, or Audi, the item you'd get would still be tagged as VW/Audi. I have taken most of my car apart (bar the engine) and I am yet to see a "Porsche" tag on anything.
- So far, almost everything (with the exception of 2 items only) I've bought as replacement parts/items for my car has been either VW or Audi. As long as I can find the original OEM number to be "interchangeable" with another Audi/VW OEM number listed on at least 3 different places - I am buying the cheaper option (almost always the VW part).

I want to mention 3 things which are not related to the engine mount but could help you feeling less confused in terms of "buying alternatives":
- I bought a "Porsche" headlight locking mechanism from AliExpress for $6 (with shipping), shipped and delivered from China (as per the shipping and customs labels). Yet, the locking mechanism is tagged with the VW logo and it clearly states "Made in Germany" on it (I have pictures if you are interested). The item is much sturdier and holds the headlight much better than the one I had installed in the car.
- Whoever changed the oil the last time on my car (before I bought it) broke the oil pan and glued up the whole thing. I struggled to find an oil pan for less than $1000 in the stores around me. I bought one for $50 from Amazon, which has a different OEM number and it is for Audi Q7. My mechanic had absolutely no troubles installing it and it fitted perfectly on my "Porsche" diesel engine.
- Porsche decided they won't supply oil dipsticks with their 2011 Diesel engines, only digital measurements. However, Touaregs with the same engine have dipsticks and the pipe for the dipstick exists on my engine. I ordered the VW dipstick part from a local shop for $17, got it today - removed the cap Porsche put in there and I installed the dipstick without any problems.

I hope that helps Good luck with the engine mounts, mate!
Old 07-25-2024, 11:27 PM
wrscott
Intermediate

Hey Dave,

Thank you for that. I ended up ordering the 95837504910 mounts for my car. They arrived today and look identical to the ones on the car but having them installed this weekend so we will see! Fingers crossed they fit as they only cost me $125 each vs the "Porsche" ones that are closer to $300 each.
Old 07-27-2024, 07:32 AM
wrscott
Intermediate

Completed this job today at a friends shop. Took about 3 hours with a hoist and an engine crane. The engine mounts I used are the Ferbest VWM-NFP and they fit perfectly. Ferbest advised me that they wouldn't fit, however they did and are very affordable here in Australia. I believe the part number 95837504910 and 95837504900 are interchangeable on the VR6 3.6 and are the same mounts used on the VW Touareg 3.6 2010-2018 so you can use the part number 7P6199131 to search. Hardest part was installing the passenger side mount (RHD vehicle) as you need to access it from the bottom and the engine lifting point is on the other side of the motor. However, we lifted with the crane and then raised the engine slightly using a strong point on the housing of the transmission to gain some additional height. Also, the same mount is used on the driver & passenger side, you just need to align the top pin on the engine. Hope this helps people in the future!

Quick Reply: What engine mounts will fit? 2011 Cayenne 3.6L Base