Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2024, 12:10 PM
Techiteasy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with a client's Bluetooth connection for the phone

Good morning/afternoon,
I have a client who has a Porsche Cayenne S hybrid 2010 model
And he wants to connect the phone to his car so he can talk over Bluetooth. The problem is that the phone button on the console isn't doing anything. Any ideas anyone ?
System Version of the car is 2.47.

Last edited by Techiteasy; 07-20-2024 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-22-2024, 05:39 AM
Daveheardt
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Having the button means very little to be fair, I have nav and phone on my car too, yet none of them work

Does the steering wheel have the multimedia keys on it? When I was searching for my car I was told to always pay attention to that - steering wheel without multimedia keys is almost certain to be without Bluetooth module.
Then you should also check whether it is a CDR or a PCM, and in turn verify that the device (CDR/PCM) is coded for the car's VIN. Buying second-hand CDR/PCM and plugging it into a Cayenne without coding the numbers results in the Phone and Nav modules not functioning. So there's that too.

If all of the above is "all good" then you can consider checking the phone module (the physical module). A guy who worked on my car told me that the module could've been replaced too and it won't produce any errors or messages of any kind, it just won't work (due to codes mismatch).

I hope that helps

Last edited by Daveheardt; 07-22-2024 at 05:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Techiteasy (07-22-2024)

Quick Reply: Issues with a client's Bluetooth connection for the phone