958.1(2010) PCM 3.1: TV-Tuner & No-back Camera Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 10:58 AM
Dcdoc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 958.1(2010) PCM 3.1: TV-Tuner & No-back Camera Problem

Hello,

I have a 2010 Cayenne Turbo with a TV-Tuner and Back-up camera problem. The PCM is also from 2010.

The issue is as follows: every 15-30s I get a message on my PCM screen saying "TV device not available" and I lose sound for the duration of time the message appears on the screen. Additionally, the back-up camera is not available anymore. When I put the car in reverse I get the sensor view but not the back-up camera. From what I´ve gathered if you have the TV-Tuner the back-up camera is routed to the TV-Tuner and then to the PCM. So an issue in the TV-Tuner would stop the video signal reaching the PCM.

From the OBD Scanner, I get error 800D. Additionally, I have two errors regarding the Burmester sound system regarding rear sound treble 8023 & 8024, I don't know if they could be related.

I´ve checked for the dreaded water damage and have not seen any signs of wetness and the water drains are all clean and with a bigger opening.

Question:
  1. Is anybody familiar with the Issue?
  2. Does the PCM have any TV-related HW inside it?
  3. Where is the TV-Tuner located in the car?

Last edited by Dcdoc; 06-20-2024 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:12 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 599 Likes on 461 Posts

Do you have a pano roof?
If so, my hunch is you have a blocked back right drain line (or history of the back right drain being blocked) resulting in water that has flooded the back rear of the car and destroyed the two control units that hide there. That'd be the first thing I'd dig into.
Old 06-21-2024, 05:49 AM
Dcdoc
Track Day

Originally Posted by garrett376
Do you have a pano roof?
If so, my hunch is you have a blocked back right drain line (or history of the back right drain being blocked) resulting in water that has flooded the back rear of the car and destroyed the two control units that hide there. That'd be the first thing I'd dig into.
I have the small pano roof. I´ve checked if the drains were clogged, and they seem fine. I didn't try and let the water run through though. I also check for possible signs of water damage, without taking the covers, and I didn't find anything.

The next step would be to check the components that are behind the covers in the trunk. I haven't gotten to that yet, but a member of the forum whos is in a similar situation just checked and everything seemed fine.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:44 AM
NN.
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

TV tuner is installed in luggage compartment behind right D-pilar. To reach it you need to take out the D-pilar panel which is not that easy taking into account the risk to brake some plastic pieces on a quite aged car.

Old 06-21-2024, 10:04 AM
Dcdoc
Track Day

Originally Posted by NN.
TV tuner is installed in luggage compartment behind right D-pilar. To reach it you need to take out the D-pilar panel which is not that easy taking into account the risk to brake some plastic pieces on a quite aged car.

I was in the process of doing that exactly, thanks for letting me know how to. Any advice on the best way to take out the Plastic ribbons? The one on the D-Pillar was a bit of a hassle, couldn't get it out.

Last edited by Dcdoc; 06-21-2024 at 10:09 AM. Reason: additional info

Quick Reply: 958.1(2010) PCM 3.1: TV-Tuner & No-back Camera Problem