Sponsored By:

N1 Tire Rating not present on Michelin Pilot Sport AS4

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 10:34 AM
soundaround
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default N1 Tire Rating not present on Michelin Pilot Sport AS4

Tire size needs are 265/50-19 and I had narrowed it down to two of the above tire but there isn’t a Porsche N rating on them. Only need two since previous owner had two new GoodYear LS2 (N1) put on instead of 4. Having a hard time believing the Michelins would be a problem for the Turbo Diesel - what say the experts?
Old 06-11-2024, 11:13 AM
ChrisTDI
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

experts say put all 4 of the same time on for best performance/experience.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:25 AM
soundaround
Advanced

Thanks and I agree but I have two brand new LS2s on the vehicle and both the Porsche dealer and trusted mechanic say putting on two more tires of a different brand are not an issue as long as on same axle — really just trying to go Michelin rather than stay with LS2s from Goodyear and hoping the lack of N rating isn’t an issue for such a great tire. The video is compelling, though…

Last edited by soundaround; 06-11-2024 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Addition to post
Old 06-12-2024, 09:06 PM
Whitegalaxie
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Some people are fine mixing tire brands. Me, if you have new Goodyear's on one axle, then put the same on the other axle. Mixed tire brands have always given me horrible results and I always use N0 or N1 tires. If the car is used to plod along to the grocery store or do the school run then it probably does not matter what you put on it. Depends how you use it and what you expect from it.
Old 06-12-2024, 09:17 PM
soundaround
Advanced

Originally Posted by Whitegalaxie
Some people are fine mixing tire brands. Me, if you have new Goodyear's on one axle, then put the same on the other axle. Mixed tire brands have always given me horrible results and I always use N0 or N1 tires. If the car is used to plod along to the grocery store or do the school run then it probably does not matter what you put on it. Depends how you use it and what you expect from it.
Thanks mate! The Michelin AS4s were guaranteed by the Porsche dealer and I have to believe they will be fine. The “new” LS2a were likely bought from Tire Rack on closeout for almost half price since they are date coded 2019. My thought is to run them til they age out and then put AS4s on the other axle. I’ll have to make a judgement call on the non-N rating but if you read the OEM options for 2016 NONE of the OEMs get great reviews in 2024. Have to believe technology has progressed and few manufacturers will go through the Porsche 2016 process to get an N rating for limited production quantities. Hope I’m not wrong
Old 06-13-2024, 02:03 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,975 Likes on 1,763 Posts

2019 tires are almost aged out. Just get 4 new Michelin's and call it a day. N=don't worry about the N rating as there are not many N rated tires for this vehicle.

Quick Reply: N1 Tire Rating not present on Michelin Pilot Sport AS4