Sponsored By:

Help with noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 04:10 PM
kwalko958
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with noise

New to us 2014 Turbo. Had for about 2 weeks now and love the vehicle. We have a warranty on it and are taking it in for this, but wanted some help diagnosing this noise. We had a noise at idle, a small rattle, no huge deal. Took it in for them (CarMax) to diagnose that and several other things, and the car was making this noise afterwards. It kind of comes and goes, but of course is always there dropping the kids off at school when lots of people are around. I have a feeling it's related to the initial idle rattle. It also makes that hum sound, but quieter, when going over some bumps and exiting the driveway.

Transfer case was just replaced by Porsche under warranty a week after we got it. The noise was not there right after they replaced it, but after we took it to CarMax. Thank you. Wish the first post was showing some pics, but we'll get there.

Note: not trying to capture some awesome video, just the sound lol. And trying to be safe.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
Cayenne noise_small.mov (8.58 MB, 7 views)
Old 05-17-2024, 05:12 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,855 Likes on 1,697 Posts

Could use a longer video but a few questions. Does you car have PDCC.

IMo, that sound could be your PDCC pump. Does it change with turning the steering wheel? It could also be your front diff. My car was making that noise. One time it was the PDCC pump, changed out on warranty, the second time it was the front diff, also changed out on warranty. The front diff does sound like drivetrain though and that's why I'm asking for a longer video because both change pitch with idle.
Old 05-17-2024, 05:57 PM
Hayabusa3
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Any way to get a video?
Old 05-17-2024, 06:56 PM
kwalko958
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Could use a longer video but a few questions. Does you car have PDCC.

IMo, that sound could be your PDCC pump. Does it change with turning the steering wheel? It could also be your front diff. My car was making that noise. One time it was the PDCC pump, changed out on warranty, the second time it was the front diff, also changed out on warranty. The front diff does sound like drivetrain though and that's why I'm asking for a longer video because both change pitch with idle.
Thx. Sometimes it changes with steering, sometimes not. I am not sure about PDCC. I think I saw the reservoir, but didn't spend too much time looking. I have the window sticker, but it is not noted on there. Not sure if it would be or not. It is well optioned, but that doesnt mean it has PDCC. That video sums it up fairly well, doesn't really change much other than going away at times. We'll get it worked out, just curious as to what it is.

Quick Reply: Help with noise