Sponsored By:

Need to replace my brakes on Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 03:12 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,849 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzythething
Haven’t heard about that brand but I’d guess slightly worse than OEM but you wouldn’t notice.

The real question is are you sure you need new disks? Unless they’re worn down to DVD thickness they can be resurfaced. Any brake shop will easily do it.
You gotta stop giving advice on this platform. By platform I mean the Cayenne.

Old 05-21-2024, 04:25 PM
ozzythething
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
You gotta stop giving advice on this platform. By platform I mean the Cayenne.
I see. Reason being?
Old 05-21-2024, 10:59 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 358 Likes on 264 Posts

OP,

How many millimeters of pad to you have left and what is the current thickness of the rotors?

When the brake wear indicator circuit gets cut by the rotor, it has been my experience that I had about 2mm of brake pad left. For me, I use pads at a rate of about 10k miles per mm. If this was my primary driver, I would drive until the light comes on but it is my wife's primary driver so maintenance before lights come on when possible. I also will get through two sets of pads before I need to swap the rotors out.

If you like how your current brakes function, quiet and always there for you, then stick with rotors and pads by a number of the European OEMs: Pagid, Textar, Zimmerman, ATE, Pagid, etc.

When I did my rears, I bought the kit from FCP Euro: Zimmerman coated rotors, Textar pads, Sebro wear sensors, VW/Audi caliper mounting bolts and rotor retainers, Pagid retaining clips. $314 to my door and lifetime warranty. All in factory boxes (no rebox). Broke them in per zimmermans instructions on the rotor box and silence with no change in braking behavior.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:28 PM
lastlong
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzythething
Haven’t heard about that brand but I’d guess slightly worse than OEM but you wouldn’t notice.

The real question is are you sure you need new disks? Unless they’re worn down to DVD thickness they can be resurfaced. Any brake shop will easily do it.
The dealer tell me yes cause they are original never changed but pads already replaced them 3-4 years ago... that's why this time we have to replace all discs and pads.

Originally Posted by AnAlbumCover
I would even say if you're not feeling a vibration or pulsing during braking just put some new pads on. New discs are expensive..
No feeling a vibration or but maybe a lil bit of pulsing during braking... I thought it caused by my bad pads...

Originally Posted by CAVU
OP,

How many millimeters of pad to you have left and what is the current thickness of the rotors?

When the brake wear indicator circuit gets cut by the rotor, it has been my experience that I had about 2mm of brake pad left. For me, I use pads at a rate of about 10k miles per mm. If this was my primary driver, I would drive until the light comes on but it is my wife's primary driver so maintenance before lights come on when possible. I also will get through two sets of pads before I need to swap the rotors out.

If you like how your current brakes function, quiet and always there for you, then stick with rotors and pads by a number of the European OEMs: Pagid, Textar, Zimmerman, ATE, Pagid, etc.

When I did my rears, I bought the kit from FCP Euro: Zimmerman coated rotors, Textar pads, Sebro wear sensors, VW/Audi caliper mounting bolts and rotor retainers, Pagid retaining clips. $314 to my door and lifetime warranty. All in factory boxes (no rebox). Broke them in per zimmermans instructions on the rotor box and silence with no change in braking behavior.
The rotors are original never replaced but the pads already replaced 3-4 years ago... I did looking for Zimmerman brand but at the end I was looking between POWER STOP and R1 CONCEPTS (they are similar quality).
The following users liked this post:
CAVU (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 01:39 AM
sh06
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm familiar with R1 and I would say if you want quality parts, do not use them. I'm not saying they're bad, but definitely not OEM quality.
Old 05-22-2024, 01:28 PM
lastlong
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by s65e90
r1 concepts rotors/pads for my GTS. Were $500 from Rock Auto. You can get a cheaper setup for under $400. Check online.
How are they on your GTS ? How is the quality and they break like OEM or... ? Just want a feedback please

Quick Reply: Need to replace my brakes on Cayenne S