PDLS Plus and Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 05:06 PM
spyridon
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PDLS Plus and Sport Exhaust

Hi guys,

car is a 2017 Cayenne Hybrid, does anyone know if I can code PDLS plus in my dual xenon lights? I have the windshield camera.

Also can a Sport exhaust be retrofitted and how will it operate? Via a separate button on the console or with the Sport Plus button I already have? Also does it need coding?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2024, 12:42 PM
spyridon
Track Day

Originally Posted by spyridon
Hi guys,

car is a 2017 Cayenne Hybrid, does anyone know if I can code PDLS plus in my dual xenon lights? I have the windshield camera.

Also can a Sport exhaust be retrofitted and how will it operate? Via a separate button on the console or with the Sport Plus button I already have? Also does it need coding?

Thanks
UP
Old 03-14-2024, 02:04 PM
NKCowboy
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know about PDLS+ except that I have it and it is cool.

As for sport exhaust, it is controlled with a separate button on the console but also activates if you push sport plus. Yes, you can retrofit. I had the Porsche dealer do this when I bought my 958.2 CTTS a few weeks ago. It's rather expensive because the entire exhaust aft of the rear seats gets changed out, plus the installation of that button on the console. But the cost was not that different from the original price of the option. Porsche made a huge profit at the factory for essentially adding a valve and a console button.

Last edited by NKCowboy; 03-14-2024 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2024, 06:04 PM
spyridon
Track Day

Originally Posted by NKCowboy
I don't know about PDLS+ except that I have it and it is cool.

As for sport exhaust, it is controlled with a separate button on the console but also activates if you push sport plus. Yes, you can retrofit. I had the Porsche dealer do this when I bought my 958.2 CTTS a few weeks ago. It's rather expensive because the entire exhaust aft of the rear seats gets changed out, plus the installation of that button on the console. But the cost was not that different from the original price of the option. Porsche made a huge profit at the factory for essentially adding a valve and a console button.
Yes I know it is from the console but Porsche does not have a console with exhaust button with hybrid controls (e-power and e-charge). That is why I am asking and am thinking that either they do not make a kit for the hybrid or it operates only through Sport and Sport plus button.

Your lights are led matrix or xenon?
Old 03-17-2024, 10:46 AM
NKCowboy
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My guess is that PSE was not offered for hybrid models if no button space was available. There are aftermarket exhausts that work similarly. The button could be installed somewhere else.

I believe PDLS + is a combination of xenon and LED. I haven't yet seen if its high beam matrix really protects oncoming drivers.

I can confirm that the ability of the lights to turn with the steering wheel makes a pleasing difference in tight turns. Porsche is not the first to offer such a feature. Predecessors include the Citroën SM and even the Tucker Torpedo.

Last edited by NKCowboy; 03-17-2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-17-2024, 11:43 AM
spyridon
Track Day

Originally Posted by NKCowboy
My guess is that PSE was not offered for hybrid models if no button space was available. There are aftermarket exhausts that work similarly. The button could be installed somewhere else.

I believe PDLS + is a combination of xenon and LED. I haven't yet seen if its high beam matrix really protects oncoming drivers.

I can confirm that the ability of the lights to turn with the steering wheel makes a pleasing difference in tight turns. Porsche is not the first to offer such a feature. Predecessors include the Citroën SM and even the Tucker Torpedo.
Strange thing is that there is a Sport exhaust part number that seems to fit hybrid cars. The number is 95804420030.

Maybe you enable and disable it through the dashboard menu and program the multifunction button to do it or it comes on only with the Sport or Sport Plus buttons without being able to enable/disable it separately.

Someone who knows or has the kit on a hybrid please jump in..

Quick Reply: PDLS Plus and Sport Exhaust