Struts from Miessler

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 599 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitegalaxie
OEM hold up for 100k or more generally. They are not that expensive to rebuild with genuine Porsche parts which will go another 100k miles. By the time you have paid someone to install cheap parts that will fail quicker you really pay more. Guess it depends if you want to keep the car or drive it for a few thousand miles and then dump it at an auction or trade it
100% agree: unless your labor is free and/or you like experimenting, I would not use anything other than Porsche parts as they're proven to last the longest.
Old Today, 12:17 AM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I dont have the tools to rebuild the internals of the shock. Sure, replacing all the other parts and essentially rebuilding the struts can be done with OE parts, but have you priced them out lately?
As I mentioned above, you used to be able to get the whole complete strut assembly from Porsche for 955/957s for around $1500, now they are discontinued and you have to buy everything separate.
If you do the math, thats $8500 for both fronts!!!

I forget Im in the 958 forums, so you guys are lucky, the OE parts (whole strut assembly) probably is fairly in expensive compared to the 955/957. I guess once your model becomes a classic, thats just an excuse to charge even more for parts, lol.

Thats why Im thinking Miessler cause at least they are a known quantity, in Germany, work with OEM suppliers, and refurbish the OE Porsche struts.
My only concern with them is the air spring with is not a porsche part, since thats what seems to last so long on these compared to others.
Im only replacing mine cause I think the shock itself is bad on rebound, it clunks and is floaty, but no obvious leaks when I did the suspension refresh and replaced the top strut mount 2 years ago, and if softens and firms up fine when selecting comfort and sport.
Guess I can keep my original air springs as back up.

Really want to hear someone with Miessler experience (dont care which generation) so I dont have to assume they are the best aftermarket/refurbish air suspension company.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Corvetteboy6988; Today at 12:23 AM.
Old Today, 01:53 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 599 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvetteboy6988
I dont have the tools to rebuild the internals of the shock. Sure, replacing all the other parts and essentially rebuilding the struts can be done with OE parts, but have you priced them out lately?
As I mentioned above, you used to be able to get the whole complete strut assembly from Porsche for 955/957s for around $1500, now they are discontinued and you have to buy everything separate.
If you do the math, thats $8500 for both fronts!!!

I forget Im in the 958 forums, so you guys are lucky, the OE parts (whole strut assembly) probably is fairly in expensive compared to the 955/957. I guess once your model becomes a classic, thats just an excuse to charge even more for parts, lol.

Thats why Im thinking Miessler cause at least they are a known quantity, in Germany, work with OEM suppliers, and refurbish the OE Porsche struts.
My only concern with them is the air spring with is not a porsche part, since thats what seems to last so long on these compared to others.
Im only replacing mine cause I think the shock itself is bad on rebound, it clunks and is floaty, but no obvious leaks when I did the suspension refresh and replaced the top strut mount 2 years ago, and if softens and firms up fine when selecting comfort and sport.
Guess I can keep my original air springs as back up.

Really want to hear someone with Miessler experience (dont care which generation) so I dont have to assume they are the best aftermarket/refurbish air suspension company.
Fortunately, most of the time the shocks are totally fine, and just new seals and a new airbag are needed.

Quick Reply: Struts from Miessler