Sponsored By:

2013 Transfer case / Actuator Motor Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 02:45 PM
sstamnes
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Transfer case / Actuator Motor Issue

A few days ago I was going off road and activated the "Off Road Mode" on my Cayenne. I noticed that there was no noise from the transfer case. Previously when I activated this mode I would hear a clicking sound as it activated. I then activated the central diff lock and again, no sound. I did notice though that this time there was a red triangle and an exclamation point over the front diff on the dash screen, (pics attached), which I don't recall ever seeing before. Unlike previous times I have used this mode, I notice no difference in the vehicle's driving characteristics, i.e. acceleration or acting like it was in a "Low Range" condition but when I turn hard, the front axle is definitely locked. When I take it out of Off Road Mode, it turns just fine with no front end skipping.

I ran a scan with my Durametric and with my iCarsoft Porsche V3 and get no error codes but again, it is not acting the way it used to.

Not sure what this display warning means.

Old 02-02-2024, 02:59 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts

Seems to be normal as far as I'm aware. I've never noticed any noises from my transfer case when going through the different stages on trails.
The following users liked this post:
sstamnes (02-02-2024)