Sponsored By:

Does a Fan suppose to come on when charging Cayenne S-E Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 01:44 AM
AL2710
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does a Fan suppose to come on when charging Cayenne S-E Hybrid

Hi, everyone I have a 2016 Cayenne S-E Hybrid, and I brought it CPO.

the car have developed a check engine light that comes on and off, and I ended up bringing it to the dealer and they changed the on board charger.

here is the interesting part, when I first brought the car a fan goes on and off while charging depends on the temperature, did I drive before charging, however after the dealer changed the on board charger now the fan doesn’t comes on when charging, no matter what.

so I’m wondering is it normal for the fan to be on or off during charging? The service advisor said it’s not supposed to come on, however prior to bring it to the dealer it goes on and off depends on temperature.

PS: the Fan mentioned was in the front of the car around the radiator area, and when the fan comes on the car have these flaps in the bumper that also opens
Old 12-19-2023, 01:20 PM
worjt
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AL2710
Hi, everyone I have a 2016 Cayenne S-E Hybrid, and I brought it CPO.

the car have developed a check engine light that comes on and off, and I ended up bringing it to the dealer and they changed the on board charger.

here is the interesting part, when I first brought the car a fan goes on and off while charging depends on the temperature, did I drive before charging, however after the dealer changed the on board charger now the fan doesn’t comes on when charging, no matter what.

so I’m wondering is it normal for the fan to be on or off during charging? The service advisor said it’s not supposed to come on, however prior to bring it to the dealer it goes on and off depends on temperature.

PS: the Fan mentioned was in the front of the car around the radiator area, and when the fan comes on the car have these flaps in the bumper that also opens
My 2015 S-E hybrid also runs a fan (or pump?) sometimes when charging. I assume it is a fan up near the front passenger side used to cool the battery coolant. The battery coolant reservoir is in the engine compartment on the passenger side next to radiator. I don't think it always runs while charging - only sometimes when conditions call for it.
Old 12-19-2023, 02:23 PM
aceventura33
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine comes on periodically. I don’t know what the pattern is, but it only happens when it is plugged in.

Quick Reply: Does a Fan suppose to come on when charging Cayenne S-E Hybrid