Sponsored By:

E-Hybrid, on the hunt

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 06:42 PM
FlyingDrumstick
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Hybrid, on the hunt

Hello all, I am keeping an eye out for a 2017-18 E-Hybrid. Targeting under 60k/mi, Premium Package/Plus would be desired and I guess Platinum would be too. The nice stereo would also be nice, but not holding my breath. At any given time, kind of surprising that only 30 or so on the net between dealers and private. Colors wise, we prefer color, at least not black. I like the Agate Grey interior, then black, maybe the brown or tan (although they seem to show more wear). I have read a bunch on the forums and the net, so I have a decent idea of what we are getting into and what we want. That said I have a few questions:

- Do all 17-18' E-Hybrids have PASM? And is the presence of the Sport Plus button on the curved part of the center console the indication of PASM correct?

- Did any E-Hybrids come with PCC? Is it worth it? How would I know its equipped?

- Air suspension, is it worth it (I understand the higher maintenance risk)? Seems to be hard to find Hybrids with it. Think I would like it, but it may really lengthen my search time.

- Headlights, a bit confused over what is standard and if there is a factory option. I have seen some say the Cayenne's headlights are awesome, but just want to know if that's an option selection.

- Any other options you would really recommend looking for? I know it's tough when looking used but can use it to weigh options.

It will primarily be my wife's vehicle and she has a 10mi commute to work, so the Hybrid option works well. She is coming out of a '17 Mini Countryman S All4 manual. It's been a great car and is surprisingly roomy for what it is. She's ready to get back into a larger SUV (was in a Gen1 XC90 before the Mini). A little nervous as the Mini has a HUD (I love) and the derivative of BMWs iDrive, which is really intuitive, not to mention the tossable nature of the Mini. Looks like we'll lose the HUD and maybe a gen behind on the interface with the Cayenne, of course other things will be worlds better.....i.e. POWER!!

Thank you for your assistance and look forward to being part of the forum. Cheers!
Old 12-15-2023, 06:52 PM
FlyingDrumstick
3rd Gear

Oh forgot:

- Is Porsche Entry and Drive needed?
- If the car has heated front and rear seats, does that mean it has a heated steering wheel?
- What do you recommend for the best VIN search to see service history/accidents/options? CarFax if ok, looking at VINANALYTICS too.
Old 12-15-2023, 07:43 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 326 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingDrumstick
Oh forgot:

No. But might be nice to have

- If the car has heated front and rear seats, does that mean it has a heated steering wheel?

Definitely not. Porsche nickels and dimes for everything. Engine size to "logo license plate frame."

- What do you recommend for the best VIN search to see service history/accidents/options? CarFax if ok, looking at VINANALYTICS too

Carfax. Due diligence. Some "bubble gum and baling wire" places joints run the carfax before serious repairs.
Old 12-16-2023, 04:24 PM
FlyingDrumstick
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Dr. G7

No. But might be nice to have

Definitely not. Porsche nickels and dimes for everything. Engine size to "logo license plate frame."

- What do you recommend for the best VIN search to see service history/accidents/options? CarFax if ok, looking at VINANALYTICS too

Carfax. Due diligence. Some "bubble gum and baling wire" places joints run the carfax before serious repairs.
Thank you G7. Yeah, I have heard of the method Porsche does for options. Of course some say that makes them very “personalized.” Hmmm, marketing speak.

Quick Reply: E-Hybrid, on the hunt