Sponsored By:

958 ATF Fluid & Filter Change

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 10:02 AM
kari
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MDTXCA
Is this the kit? I saw reviews that you need to buy 2 more liters. Did you use all 8 liters or more?

Looking to see if I need to add 2 more liters to this kit.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/por...kt#description

​​​From when i researched , the reviews are for when the kit had 6 ltrs.. i think fcp updated it to 8 since. The ravenol kit has 9 ltrs. Unless you plan to do a full flush via the cooling lines where you will need more like 12-14 ltrs, a drop and filter change is usually 6-8 ltrs.. mine was around 6-6.5 ltrs.

I just bought 8 ltrs of ravenol fluid and a hengsst filter and gasket kit from fcp along with a drain pan seal washer and a few spare trans pan bolts. Reused the drain plug, green plastic nozzle and remaining trans pan bolts as the hengst kit comes with sleeve washers for the gasket anyway..

A 1/4 in 10mm flex socket makes it s lot easier to tacklesome of the pan bolts ..else pretty straightforward..
Old 12-29-2023, 10:46 AM
hokiehigh
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kari
​​​From when i researched , the reviews are for when the kit had 6 ltrs.. i think fcp updated it to 8 since. The ravenol kit has 9 ltrs. Unless you plan to do a full flush via the cooling lines where you will need more like 12-14 ltrs, a drop and filter change is usually 6-8 ltrs.. mine was around 6-6.5 ltrs.

I just bought 8 ltrs of ravenol fluid and a hengsst filter and gasket kit from fcp along with a drain pan seal washer and a few spare trans pan bolts. Reused the drain plug, green plastic nozzle and remaining trans pan bolts as the hengst kit comes with sleeve washers for the gasket anyway..

A 1/4 in 10mm flex socket makes it s lot easier to tacklesome of the pan bolts ..else pretty straightforward..
I bought the 9 liter liquimoly kit from FCP, ended up using 6-6.5 liters as well. I would opt-out the full kit next time and just order the filter/gasket/fluid as needed.
Old 01-01-2024, 03:37 PM
Gus B.
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MDTXCA
Is this the kit? I saw reviews that you need to buy 2 more liters. Did you use all 8 liters or more?

Looking to see if I need to add 2 more liters to this kit.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/por...kt#description

That is the kit I got and it included everything required for the full oil change of the automatic transmission. The tech even commented how complete it was and will start suggesting his customers to get it.
Old 03-22-2024, 09:22 PM
VarioSpam
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So for information, I got my ATF changed on 2011 CTT, 88k miles. I was going to do it anyway but also noticed some slight hesitancy in the shift at low rpms 2->3 i think.
Apparently only 3.5l drained out and was very dark. Seems like it is well worth doing this after reasonable mileage or age.

Quick Reply: 958 ATF Fluid & Filter Change