Sponsored By:

Windshield Washer Pump Fuse Location

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 05:37 PM
TomMasson
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Washer Pump Fuse Location

Trying to identify the correct fuse location for a 2016 Base Cayenne windshield washer pump. The owners manual has very detailed fuse box identifiers, but I cannot find any entry for windshield washer pump. My 2010 had the fuse on the left side dash fuse box. I've searched these forums, Google, AI and can't believe nothing lists the w/w fuse location and number. Winter is coming!
Old 11-23-2023, 11:20 AM
TomMasson
4th Gear

Default Windshield Washer Fuse Location

Would there be any risk to pulling random fuses for inspection - I'm guessing it's a 15 amp fuse?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 11-27-2023, 09:27 AM
Kenrevo
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I believe it is fuse 22 on the left side of the dash, it should be 30A
Old 01-20-2024, 03:54 PM
mopdahl
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TomMasson
Trying to identify the correct fuse location for a 2016 Base Cayenne windshield washer pump. The owners manual has very detailed fuse box identifiers, but I cannot find any entry for windshield washer pump. My 2010 had the fuse on the left side dash fuse box. I've searched these forums, Google, AI and can't believe nothing lists the w/w fuse location and number. Winter is coming!
Did you ever fix yours/find the cause? I have a '16 CD and my washers aren't working front or back. Pulled the fuses & it isn't that.....before pulling liner & messing with pump/sensor (or having wife take to dealer) I was hoping there was another ez fix....I'm also getting a low fluid warning on the dash but tank is full. Thinking I have a bad sensor....TY!
Old 01-20-2024, 05:07 PM
TomMasson
4th Gear

Turned out to be the pump. It was obvious when I pulled the fender wheel liner and looked at the bottom of the pump. Replacing the pump is a fairly easy job. Jack passenger front corner, remove wheel, remove a lot of screws and pull the liner from the wheel well. Handle the liner with care - it's about $350 if you damage and have to replace!

The pump has a front connection and a rear (washer) connection on the back side that's difficult to see, and it drops into washer tank grommet and is held in place with friction. To pull the lines, there are little clips at the end of the lines that must be released (don't try to just pull them off without releasing the clip). It's easier to disconnect and reconnect the lines when the pump is pulled off the washer tank. Just make sure not to pinch any lines when reinstalling the pump to washer tank grommet.

Take you time reinstalling the screws - note that a few underneath are a little different/longer - and leave them all loose until the liner is in proper position and hooked into fender, then tighten all of them. Good Luck!

Old 01-20-2024, 05:11 PM
mopdahl
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you! Wish I had a heated garage as doing this in 20 degree temps is not going to be fun.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:25 PM
TomMasson
4th Gear

Feel for you - warm that engine first and find the old, non-led, hot spot light as you tuck under the fender for warmth!

Quick Reply: Windshield Washer Pump Fuse Location