Sponsored By:

2016 GTS hanging onto gears too long, and HPFP failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 12:23 PM
formerly
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 GTS hanging onto gears too long, and HPFP failure

I just picked up a 2016 GTS with 49k miles a few weeks ago. I'm the third owner. Both previous owners maintained it at Porsche, and it was a CPO car for the second owner.

Last week I started seeing signs of a transmission issue where it would hold onto first gear well past 5k RPM up to 6k+ when I wouldn't push it any further. Driving style did no effect it. Full auto mode, hadn't touched the paddles or sport buttons etc. Changing to sport/sport+ did not change behavior. When I did hit the paddles 1) first click would put it into manual shifting mode 2) second click it shifted no problem. No extra noise or effort when shifting. It got worse and started holding onto 2nd and 3rd gear the same way. Occasionally it would shift through all 1-8 gears normally without issue. No codes thrown.

My shop (Brandywine Motorwerks in Delaware) said they weren't sure and they'd call the dealer/do more research on Monday. During my drive home it went into limp mode with the "reduced power" error message. I had to tow it back to the shop. It will start after sitting but dies pretty quickly.

Any ideas on the shifting issue? Are the two issues related?
Old 10-09-2023, 05:23 PM
formerly
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: Shop called and said the brake switch showed up in multiple modules error codes. They unplugged the switch and it drove normally. Replacement switch coming in a few days. We'll see if that is all that's wrong.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:57 PM
jaustin
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Have you pulled the codes?

Quick Reply: 2016 GTS hanging onto gears too long, and HPFP failure