Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Cayenne S V8 - EGR/VVT smog readiness permanently incomplete? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 04:01 AM
gammacurve
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2013 Cayenne S V8 - EGR/VVT smog readiness permanently incomplete? Help!

I've been working on this for a while, and now registration is coming up and it requires a smog. Being in California, all of the monitors aside from evap have to be ready for it to pass smog.
I've taken it to the smog place at least 3 times and have been turned back due to the monitors not being set. I've driven it hundreds and hundreds of miles since and checking the readiness on my scanner shows that it is still incomplete.

My scanner is showing that VVT bank 1 and bank 2 failed the monitor test. I was thinking I would change out both solenoids and sensors, however they seem to be functioning perfectly according to my scanner's live data, and no check engine light or any codes whatsoever are being thrown related to this so I don't know what could possibly be making the smog monitor not clear. Having both fail at the same exact time seems extremely unlikely as well.

Would the dealer be able to solve this? I come from BMWs and have nearly all the dealer software and hardware around (INPA, ISTA, etc.) so I'm not opposed to building a PIWIS setup but would like not to.

Anyone deal with this same issue? I can't find anything on this at all.

Quick Reply: 2013 Cayenne S V8 - EGR/VVT smog readiness permanently incomplete? Help!