Sponsored By:

958 Bose Center Speaker Upgrade - Audiofrog GS25

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2023, 11:44 AM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Flygts;[url=tel:18820477
18820477[/url]]That’s a whole other project. I’m getting ready to install some black hole tiles to my inner doors..Have to pull the window regulator to get access to the full door. I did what I could though the factory mid bass hole, but couldn’t reach much. The Soundskins speaker ring foam made a big difference getting the sound inside the car.
Finished up the front inner doors. My advice for anyone afraid to get in there is to get over the fear of completely pulling the glass out of the door, it’s not as bad as it feels like it will be (that was my fear anyway). Makes everything so much easier. Getting the glass back in is easy as well if you take off the inner seal on top of the door, which just pulls right up (it took me an hour of being frustrated I couldn’t get the glass aligned in the track to realize this). The first door took me an hour or so of being cautious and trying everything besides removing the glass. Second door took 10 minutes to disassemble with confidence.

The doors on these cars allow for a ton of room for sound deadening since they bulge out. I put Soundskins Pro which is about 3/8” thick down and Dynaliner 1/2” on top of it with full coverage. There’s certainly room to even put mass loaded vinyl on top of that if I wanted to, but I probably won’t. The difference just this in the front doors made was very noticeable. Audio sounds a little bit cleaner, but road noise has been dampened a surprising amount. I don’t have a good decibel reader, but if I had to guess it’s probably somewhere in the 3-5dB range. But the frequencies it seems to be absorbing are mostly the higher frequencies from the road which is very nice. I’m excited to see what difference the cabin floor will make in the future.

Old 05-27-2023, 12:44 PM
Flygts
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks great! I’ll post some pictures of mine when it’s done. Thanks for the confidence boost.

Quick Reply: 958 Bose Center Speaker Upgrade - Audiofrog GS25