Sponsored By:

Accident/Drivetrain help

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 05:51 PM
Mraval
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Accident/Drivetrain help

I own a 2014 Cayenne S 80K on it and meticulously maintained. Was stopped at red light and was hit in rear, it had minor damage but car moved about a foot or so with my foot on the break. Needed new bumper but we drove it for a few weeks waiting for reputable body shop to have opening. During that time Check engine light, PSM, START/STOP malfunction came on and found out it was bad coils and battery. picked it up and now from a stand still position you accelerate and there is a bit of play or engagement issue or slippage or something. It only happens in first gear, all other gears are fine and shifts perfectly as usual. We didn't have this issue before accident and I thought all the lights were associated with accident but they weren't. I am wondering if when we were hit it somehow did something to tranny or transfer case or something. No warning lights for this has come up but don't an issue to develop and not be able to claim on other parties insurance if there is a problem. Thanks in advance for all the help.
MR
Old 05-18-2023, 08:35 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 740 Likes on 529 Posts

@Mraval Take it to your local dealer and have them go through it. There may be a drive train issue that needs to be addressed, and it should be covered by the insurance company.
Old 05-19-2023, 01:12 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,728 Posts

Those other issues may have nothing to do with the accident and you will run into that issue with the insurance company. Battery and coils had nothing to do with the accident and the other issue surfaced after those items were fixed so it's sign to be an uphill battle getting the other parties insurance company to foot the bill on that.

Old 05-19-2023, 01:18 PM
Mraval
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for all the lights and coils/battery I already had it fixed and know its not the insurance companies responsibility, main concern is the drivetrain. Since there are no fault codes for it am I just screwed? My guess is the problem will continue to get worse as time progresses and I will end up spending a tone of money that I shouldn't be responsible for. Just a bad situation all the way around.
Old 05-19-2023, 02:49 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 606 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Mraval
As for all the lights and coils/battery I already had it fixed and know its not the insurance companies responsibility, main concern is the drivetrain. Since there are no fault codes for it am I just screwed? My guess is the problem will continue to get worse as time progresses and I will end up spending a tone of money that I shouldn't be responsible for. Just a bad situation all the way around.
Just because there is no fault code, doesn't mean there is no problem. Take it to a dealer and get it inspected: I'd be looking at broken engine mounts or something like that.
The following 2 users liked this post by garrett376:
lml999 (05-19-2023), RAudi Driver (05-21-2023)

Quick Reply: Accident/Drivetrain help