2018 Cayenne SEH Charging Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 02:21 PM
MaserQPV
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Cayenne SEH Charging Issue

Hello All,

I recently purchased as 2018 Cayenne SEH with 40k miles. Charging has been somewhat intermittent at times with the Porsche Mobile Charger at home on 110V. Some mornings I would start the car and find that even though I was plugged in the car did not charge... did not seem like a huge issue. Fast forward some months, my workplace installed ClipperCreek L2 chargers and I was able to charge successfully on the first day. The following days the car will only reach a charge of about 50% or 7mi and I would find the plug logo solid red. After work the next day I come to find that the plug logo is red and I have a CEL. I read the codes and find several nuisance codes and under "High Voltage Charger Control System" codes "B200000 Control Unit (SPI) Function Restriction (100002), Control Unit (Sensor) Function Restriction (10000F), Infrastructure High Voltage AC voltage sensor L1 - short circuit to ground (E10221)". I made an appointment with my local Porsche dealer to figure out the issue. Upon telling the Service Advisor my issue, he notified me that ClipperCreek chargers are incompatible with Porsche Plug-ins and EVs, which seems like misinformation to me. Anyway, the service advisor was reluctant to look at the car because I had not brought the mobile charger with me and I leave. The next day I take the service advisors word for it and only charge the car from the Porsche Mobile Charger. As I'm plugged in with the official mobile charger, I start the car to check the charging progress and I find that I have the CEL again with the same trouble codes.

Any thoughts or advice about the issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 05-07-2023, 12:17 AM
Fcassells
Instructor

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

I use a clipper creek charger at home every day with my 2017. So for sure that’s not the issue. I had a similar “high voltage charger system” fault and turned out to be my timed push button in the charger port was shorted as water was building up and not draining . It would end a charging session if it was raining and I assume “shorted “ when the water built up in the door .

The switch was replaced and all charging issues ended , I’m not saying you have this issue but check that little button , push it rapidly and see if the led light is flickering or dim.
Old 05-09-2023, 12:16 PM
MaserQPV
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply! This gives me something to look at.