Panoramic Sunroof Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2023, 02:26 PM
Headers
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panoramic Sunroof Problems

Hi,
I have a 2011 Cayenne (958) and I am having problems with the panoramic sunroof. It was a nice day yesterday so I opened the blind and then opened/tilted the roof with no problem. I then attempted to open it fully to slide back. It tried but it only moved slightly. The tilt operation seems to work fine but only if I keep my finger pressed on the switch. However the blind now fails to close. I have checked the manual which I find to be complicated in explaining the reset procedure because the button can be pushed forward, pulled back, pressed in and pulled down. I have attempted to reset it but I must be doing it wrong as it has not worked.
So today I had a play with the panoramic roof.
First I removed/replaced the 30 amp fuse and attempted to reset it according to the manual. No luck. Then I removed the switch panel and used the allen key to try and open the roof. It turned but was very
difficult to move, and I felt reluctant to force it and damage something so I put it all back together. At least I can still tilt and lower it and whilst it was raised I managed to spray some WD40 inside the rails.
However it now makes a 'cracking' noise during the tilt operation. (It sounds like a cog is slipping) It wont slide back but seems to try, and the sun blind is still stuck in the open position.
Could someone advise me what to try next please?
Cheers.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:27 PM
UNYboater
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to suggest the crank key but it seems like you have already done that. I'm thinking that something got lodged in the track or mechanism? I hope you figure it out...
Old 12-27-2023, 08:17 PM
Ishm
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche 958 sunroof not working

Originally Posted by Headers
Hi,
I have a 2011 Cayenne (958) and I am having problems with the panoramic sunroof. It was a nice day yesterday so I opened the blind and then opened/tilted the roof with no problem. I then attempted to open it fully to slide back. It tried but it only moved slightly. The tilt operation seems to work fine but only if I keep my finger pressed on the switch. However the blind now fails to close. I have checked the manual which I find to be complicated in explaining the reset procedure because the button can be pushed forward, pulled back, pressed in and pulled down. I have attempted to reset it but I must be doing it wrong as it has not worked.
So today I had a play with the panoramic roof.
First I removed/replaced the 30 amp fuse and attempted to reset it according to the manual. No luck. Then I removed the switch panel and used the allen key to try and open the roof. It turned but was very
difficult to move, and I felt reluctant to force it and damage something so I put it all back together. At least I can still tilt and lower it and whilst it was raised I managed to spray some WD40 inside the rails.
However it now makes a 'cracking' noise during the tilt operation. (It sounds like a cog is slipping) It wont slide back but seems to try, and the sun blind is still stuck in the open position.
Could someone advise me what to try next please?
Cheers.

Hi Sir, I’m experiencing a similar issue on my 958 too. Did you ever manage to get to the root cause of the issue with the sunroof and blind?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Panoramic Sunroof Problems