Another new 2015 CD Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2023, 03:29 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,550 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by SSDVC
Nope, dry as a bone, as was the rest of the underside and around the engine. This was the only area of concern (or is it?).
If that's the case, I wouldn't worry too much.
The following users liked this post:
SSDVC (03-20-2023)
Old 03-21-2023, 01:59 AM
Namdartje
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SSDVC
OK, got an alignment today on my Cayenne. Wear on the front passenger tire outside edge was "unusual, so I thought it would be a good idea to have it checked. Here are the results. The (" Camber, Left") number, I was told, should be green.

Should I be concerned about the "Camber, Cross" numbers for the Front Axle?
Hello, yes your camber is too close to neutral. You need more negative camber aka all the values need to be in green. Could they not adjust it or were they not willing to mess around with it? Weird for an alignment shop to send a car back on the road with values in the red...
Old 04-01-2023, 09:48 PM
Gary S.
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I keep my diesel fuel adapter in the rear hatch behind that take out panel now. I once needed it, had to unload the luggage and other miscellaneous stuff to get to the storage. A diesel island is not the best place to have to unload especially one that has the large truck nozzles.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:37 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 147 Posts

Finally got to use my CD as a tow vehicle. Since purchase, I have upgraded the wheels to the 20" RS Spyders, added a Curt tow hitch with Factory control unit and wiring harness and installed a Mr12Volt Carplay unit. Other than that, I replaced a driver side locking mechanism and did several oil/filter and fuel filter changes and AdBlue fill-ups. This CD has been a dream.

Just went out to MI to pick up another toy. Outbound (out via 90 through NY, up over Huron and down the close to Detroit) with snows still on I managed 30.7 mpg and my oil temp only hit 230 in some of the hills. On the way back, towing the car I got an average of 19.7 mpg and my oil temp managed to hit 251 on some of the steeper hills. Overall, the CD handled great, made the tow effortless and with almost 20 mpg on the way back, there is nothing to complain about. Damn, I love this thing !
Al Faromeo (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 09:42 AM
Mtea
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

@SSDVC I towed a Uhaul trailer from Maryland to Idaho last year and had about the same mpg. Also used for picking up a new toy in Utah a couple years ago (981 Boxster S is very sweet). Towing at 80 mph was no sweat at all. Finished another winter using Hot Shots Winter Anti-Gel with no issues whatsoever and yesterday took a 200 mile drive with three aboard over an 8,700 foot mountain pass and back again and the dash said I got 34.5 mpg. Probably more like 33 in reality, but still pretty good.

Al Faromeo (04-29-2024)

Quick Reply: Another new 2015 CD Owner