Sponsored By:

8 Year Update: 2015 Cayenne S originally from Rennlist is back home

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 11:45 AM
motox
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 8 Year Update: 2015 Cayenne S originally from Rennlist is back home

Interesting to find the Cayenne S I bought last month was originally posted here on Rennlist. Demo 2015 Cayenne S (untitled), 3700 miles, 12% discount at FL dealer
I thought it was important to bring her back to Rennlist to give an update on her journey since last seen here.

Hard to believe it looks as good as the original photos with a couple of exceptions.

Left - 2015 Right - Present Day 2023

Update:
Odometer: 139120 miles
1 Previous owner
Transfer case was replaced 04/17/2020 according to the Service Advisor at Dealer who performed the replacement @ 103k mi
All history of maintenance service was recorded throughout its ownership by original owner

During the first few weeks, I did notice one instance general symptoms of the transfer case causing a hard jerk in stop and go traffic while feathering the accelerator in 2nd-3rd gear shift.
Changing out the Transfer Case Fluid with Triax DTF-1 and I have not experienced or could re-create the jerk after a dozen attempts.

Transmission was shifting a little hard from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd gears, after the ATF Flush and fill with a new filter, it is a drastic improvement. Shifting is smooth through all gears now.
Color of the ATF fluid was quite dark and likely the original as there was no history of this being completed. Going forward I will likely change this every 30k mi intervals. Porsche's 160k interval is way too far out.

ATF Fluid

Since December 2022 maintenance completed:
  • Oil and Filter Change
  • Transfer Case Oil Change (Color of drained fluid was still a clear amber)
  • Front and Rear Diff Oil Change
  • Transmission fluid ATF "flush" as described in this DIY post
  • Replaced tires with 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S
  • Replaced front and rear brake pads
  • Cabin air filter
  • 2 new reusable engine air filters
Planned Maintenance/Repair:
  • Repair driver button/switch control of front passenger window
  • Replace broken Rear "Cayenne" badge and apply touch up paint to area
  • Color Correction during Spring

Last edited by motox; 01-18-2023 at 11:51 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by motox:
Chris M. (01-19-2023), mafpolo (01-19-2023)

Quick Reply: 8 Year Update: 2015 Cayenne S originally from Rennlist is back home