Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Turbo owners, Any additional maintenance required?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 11:18 AM
motox
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Turbo owners, Any additional maintenance required?

Having never owned a turbo powered vehicle, I'm completely green to anything turbo related and only have a general understand of how they work. I'm not entirely green on working on my own cars and replacing/diagnosing failed parts but this 2015 CS is the first.

Any additional maintenance or preventative measures needed?
Cleaning of radiators, ducts required? Greasing?

Any readings I need to keep an eye on? What to look out for and where I could find them?

Sounds. What are some sounds that would be considered problematic? Should there be a whistling sort of sound normally?

Old 12-09-2022, 05:16 PM
VarioSpam
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

PDCC pump seems to be a common noise source. Mine used to just vibrate. After replacement I'm pretty sure it is the reason for whirring noise, which is louder than the engine (when sitting in driver's seat, RHD). Seems to be "normal".. Other threads about that and a whole forum about maintenance!
Old 12-09-2022, 10:31 PM
Tappet
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I've only had my 2017 CTT for a few months, but it's like most any turbo engine, just bigger. I've owned other turbo cars before and the key things to keep in mind are to stay on top of oil changes, because turbos are harsh on oil due to the heat, and address turbo issues promptly, you don't want it grenading into the engine. The bigger things with these cars is going to be the carbon buildup on the intake valves. All direct injected engines slowly foul the valves, but turbos do it faster there's more blow-by in the cylinders and so, more gunk going into EGR, and that fouls the intake valves. There's really nothing you can do here, other than to have the valves cleaned once they get bad.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:07 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 536 Posts

Keep the radar detector firmware updated.
The following 2 users liked this post by lml999:
max911 (12-10-2022), motox (12-12-2022)
Old 12-10-2022, 11:08 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,959 Likes on 1,753 Posts

Originally Posted by lml999
Keep the radar detector firmware updated.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:56 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After hard driving, the turbos will be very hot, so don't just park and shut off the engine. Let it idle for a bit to have the oil circulate and cool them down before you turn off the car
Old 12-12-2022, 03:52 AM
snikwad
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Its harder on fluids in my opinion.
between the turbos running the oil pretty hot and the PDCC working to make that 5k lbs thng defy physics laws.
Additionally, if you have PTV+ that thing needs frequent fluid changes along with your transfer case, since its just under 1L to cool and lube and protect those multi disc clutch packs.

Quick Reply: Turbo owners, Any additional maintenance required?