Sponsored By:

Coolant leak or overflow?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 04:46 PM
Diablo547
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant leak or overflow?

Hey all - new to the Porsche family and to the forums here. Tried searching but found some mixed results.

Just picked up a 2018 Cayenne S w/75k miles a couple weeks back. Did a PPI and all looked good. The other day I turned it on and saw a low coolant / do not drive error. Turned the car off and turned it back on and everything seemed ok. Didn’t drive it for a couple days but would turn it on to see if the error persisted but it never came back. Hadn’t noticed any leaks at all prior to this on the floor.

To be safe, I went by the dealership and picked up some coolant and topped up the reservoir on the passenger side closest to the windshield. Immediately after pouring it in I saw a little puddle which I attributed to shaky hands and not using a funnel. Came back a couple hours later and noticed a few small spots of coolant and a LOT of water that seem to be coming from the round spot pictured in the attachment. Can also see some drips from the coolant on the parts in the photo.

Saw something about a possible issue with the cap but it looks in good shape and it’s clicking into place well.

wanted to get some ideas on whether it’s worth waiting out or if it’s possible the drops are just overflow at this point, or if I should take to my Indy shop for a closer look.

FWIW I’m coming from a couple decades of BMW ownership across a bunch of different M’s and X’s, so this is slightly new territory for me as I try to navigate the nuances of Porsche ownership

thanks.

Quick Reply: Coolant leak or overflow?