Sponsored By:

Front Differential VW PART?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 01:14 PM
manfx
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Differential VW PART?

Hey guys i have a 14 Cayenne platinum 3.6 non turbo. I had my transfercase & motor mounts changed and now i have a really loud humming grinding sound when it's moving. Dropping it in N the sound goes away 100% No crazy sounds moving off, just a steady constant sound as you're driving. Took it back to the dealer and they're saying it's the front differential. Funny, it wasnt making that sound when i took it, just bucking that has now gone away. Anyways, i guess it could be the bearing (in the diff) that is noisy under load ... could it be low on fluid?

Either way, i plan to swap out the fluid and check for metal shavings and volume that comes out. Could it be badly installed? is that even possible? Worst case scenario, i am planning on buying a used differential and swap it out. After searching on Ebay i have found VW badge on all of them so i guess it is interchangeable -I noticed in some of them everything looks identical except for a flat mounting hole on the top of the assembly. Will a V8 version fit my V6 ?

Last edited by manfx; 07-28-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Front Differential VW PART?