Sponsored By:

what can be wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 12:53 PM
chichi22
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what can be wrong?

hello. I am new to this forum and thank you in advance for anybody that has some info into the problem the am having. I have a 2017 Porsche Cayenne Platinum edition and I decided to place my front brake pads and turn the rotors. I've never done brakes before but with the detailed DIY videos on YouTube I was pretty confident I could get the job done; however, once I thought I was done I get this icon on my multi screen dash. it is a icon of a gox with 2 gears inside the box and a message stating to return vehicle into park position. the only trouble I had was pushing on the pistons because the tool I was too wide to push the pistons back while using the old brake pads. I had to remove the old pads and cut 2 metal plates that covered all 6 pistons that gave me the room to push the pistons back. the brakes seemed some that sponges so I did bleed the 2 front brakes for possible air pockets.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:28 PM
ChrisTDI
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

welcome to the forum. I'm not exactly sure what the error is, as I haven't seen it on mine. When you changed the pads, did you replace the sensors as well? The issue sounds electrical since its showing up on the dash. best of luck
Old 06-28-2022, 10:13 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,009 Likes on 1,782 Posts

Did you place the vehicle in park like the hud asked you to?
Old 06-29-2022, 02:17 PM
Farmer Michael
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I have seen this warning when I have selected gear/moved the car with the door open, that's not what you have done? It seems quite a severe warning in proportion to the issue.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:51 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Do you have air suspension? If so there's a process for putting the car in 'jack' mode to prevent it from trying to level the suspension while in the air. Though I don't think that would give you an error message about park.

When did it give you that message? While it was up and you were turning wheels? Or after, once you had everything back together and on the ground?

Quick Reply: what can be wrong?