Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Supersprint exhaust on Cayenne diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 01:08 PM
Cold-Gas
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I tried to line it up roughly to show how it is. I was alone in my garage so it’s kinda balanced on wood and my bridge jack so I could take a pic.

This is roughly lined up to the hangers by the muffler.
Old 08-04-2022, 01:10 PM
Cold-Gas
Rennlist Member

I guess if they are willing to give me a steep discount I could probably get a talented exhaust guy to take some length out of the back and fab up a piece to connect it. But it’s nowhere close to bolt up ready 🙈😂😂
Old 09-19-2022, 10:18 PM
Cold-Gas
Rennlist Member

So after some back and forth they decided that the exhaust is much different on the North American diesels than the European one they had developed it on. They offered me a full refund and no cost to return it. So I packed it all up to send back and was waiting for UPS to come get it, when I decided that I really want this muffler delete on my CD. The tips and rear section fits perfectly and goes onto the factory hangers. It’s just the middle section is designed to hook up on the driver side instead of the passenger side. I guess the DPF in European versions has a slip joint after it that it’s supposed to hook up to. So I just emailed them asking for a decent discount and I want to get a custom exhaust shop to chop up the middle section and make it work. So hopefully they are ok with this as I am sure they can make it work for me with a couple cuts and fabrication. I will attach a pic of the issue. I laid it out on my shop floor.
They will need to shorten this section up and fab up the connection to the delete pipes. Shouldn’t be too bad for a skilled fabricator.

Last edited by Cold-Gas; 09-19-2022 at 10:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KBell (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 10:00 AM
Daluv_
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't wait to hear it
The following users liked this post:
KBell (09-20-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 11:57 AM
Cold-Gas
Rennlist Member

Well I finally got it installed yesterday at a custom exhaust shop. It ended up being not too bad. They cut it off just past where the two rear pipes join together, cut off some of the second section of the Rawtek delete pipes, and fabbed up a small section to join them together. The tips fit perfectly and the hanger for the middle section lined up perfectly. I also managed to keep the hanger on the second section of delete pipe so it’s rock solid in there.
I have driven it about 200 miles so far and am very happy with the results. At idle it sounds a bit deeper but not too loud honestly. Driving on the freeway there isn’t any drone at all and the cabin noise is fine. But when you step on it you can hear the turbo sing a bit and more growl but it’s not overly intrusive at all. I had to roll down the windows to try get a better idea of the sound outside.
Overall I am very please with it and think it was worth the hassle. As long as you are deleted it wasn’t too bad at all to get to fit. But if your aren’t deleted it would be more tricky due to the size of the SCR I think. But would have to look closer to be sure. I will take some pics and sound clips when I get a chance this week.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:39 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,007 Likes on 1,781 Posts

Originally Posted by lml999
That's not only a TDi Macan, it's a six speed!
I didn't think Macan's came in any sort of manual transmission, just that 7 speed PDK. Maybe I'm incorrect as that's a euro Macan.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:13 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I didn't think Macan's came in any sort of manual transmission, just that 7 speed PDK. Maybe I'm incorrect as that's a euro Macan.
doesn’t sound like a manual in that video
Old 10-22-2022, 10:02 PM
Cold-Gas
Rennlist Member

Sorry this took me so long. But here are some pics after install. Needed to chop a bit and make a bend to the other side of the car. But wasn’t all that bad really.
Supersprint said they would pay for the custom exhaust work, but I forgot to email them a receipt. I will do that now. Lol
For some reason I can’t seem to upload the sound videos from my phone though.

Last edited by Cold-Gas; 10-22-2022 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:58 PM
CulturedBeef
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cold-Gas
Sorry this took me so long. But here are some pics after install. Needed to chop a bit and make a bend to the other side of the car. But wasn’t all that bad really.
Supersprint said they would pay for the custom exhaust work, but I forgot to email them a receipt. I will do that now. Lol
For some reason I can’t seem to upload the sound videos from my phone though.

Thread revival. How did it sound?
Old 10-07-2023, 01:51 AM
Cold-Gas
Rennlist Member

I think it sounds fantastic. Has a wonderful throaty sound when you start it up. At idle it’s honestly quite quiet and has zero drone on the highway. But when you put your foot into it, it sounds really nice. Not too loud inside or outside. But you can sure tell this isn’t a stock diesel by any means. I would do it again, despite the small issues getting it to fit, I love the sound.
Old 01-09-2024, 10:14 AM
Daluv_
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Can we hear?

I think it sounds fantastic. Has a wonderful throaty sound when you start it up. At idle it’s honestly quite quiet and has zero drone on the highway. But when you put your foot into it, it sounds really nice. Not too loud inside or outside. But you can sure tell this isn’t a stock diesel by any means. I would do it again, despite the small issues getting it to fit, I love the sound.
Old 01-09-2024, 10:52 AM
ChrisTDI
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

post the video to youtube and mark as unlisted and share the link for the easiest way to share video and sound
Old 07-22-2024, 06:10 PM
_joncheung
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2014 Turbo S and want more sound out of the car. But torn between a secondary cat bypass or a full catback. Leaning towards the secondary cat bypass as I am looking for more of a "gentleman" sound instead of just straight loudness. But I have also heard people say the cat bypass don't do much for the Turbo models...

Quick Reply: Supersprint exhaust on Cayenne diesel