Sponsored By:

Drivers Heated Seat Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 10:35 PM
PbCTTv8500
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Drivers Heated Seat Not Working

I tried googling and searching the forums couldn't find find an answer to my specific issue:

Pass seat heater works fine in all 3 modes.

When I push the drivers side heat button, the 3 lights come on then immediately turns off. I's leaning towards a short in the pad inside the seat.

IS there anything else I can check first?
if it is the pad shorting out , can I replace just the pad easily or do I need a new seat?

If I can just change the pad, does anyone have a diy?
Old 02-28-2022, 06:57 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Check your DMs
Old 03-16-2022, 11:11 AM
PbCTTv8500
Advanced

I didn't get anything mate.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:58 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by PbCTTv8500
I didn't get anything mate.
I just checked and it's in my sent items, to you. Maybe check again.
Old 03-18-2022, 03:27 PM
jaystonewee
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I've "disassembled" an 18 way cayenne sport seat investigating a bad cooling fan and would not recommend seat disassembly as a DIY. I had nothing to lose and disassembly ended up destroying the seat. The heating element is a fillament inside a small plastic tube run throughout the seat, probably shorted or broken. Depending on your budget, skill level, and end goal I'd suggest finding a used seat. Remove and replace, easy. Otherwise, it's trying to find a dealer or upholstery shop willing to take it on. Good luck!
Old 03-18-2022, 05:12 PM
PbCTTv8500
Advanced

found it thank you
The following users liked this post:
dollarlongnecks (03-19-2022)
Old 12-29-2023, 05:04 PM
Jcm2000
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dollarlongnecks
I just checked and it's in my sent items, to you. Maybe check again.
Hello, did you find out what the issue was ? I have the exact same problem, passenger seat heating works perfect, drivers seat turns straight off when pressing the button (3 lights come.on and then go off immediately).
Old 12-29-2023, 05:14 PM
HETPE3B
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Check out the DTCs for the driver's seat. Sometimes there is an DTC stored and it preventing the heat to turn on.
Happened to me with the rear seat heating. I was checking connections and all was ok. Once I cleared the codes for the rear seat heating - it started to work just normal.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Jcm2000
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HETPE3B
Check out the DTCs for the driver's seat. Sometimes there is an DTC stored and it preventing the heat to turn on.
Happened to me with the rear seat heating. I was checking connections and all was ok. Once I cleared the codes for the rear seat heating - it started to work just normal.

Thanks, just waiting on delivery of scanner tool to check for codes and clear if needed.
Old 01-28-2024, 02:09 PM
Jcm2000
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Jcm2000
Thanks, just waiting on delivery of scanner tool to check for codes and clear if needed.
Just an Update on this in case it's of interest to anyone else. I have a Topdon Topscan bluetooth unit and it confirmed code 008102 Seat Temp Sensor Front Right Short Circuit to B+/Open Circuit. Checking the live data showed the temp reading to be an error which confirmed the Thermistor at fault.

I purchased some thermistors on amazon (10k NTC) and I piggy backed one directly into the pins at the floor connection for the seat. This cleared the fault and seat works perfect. You can just see where I piggy backed the new thermistor into the pins in the image pasted below. Might be of help to someone else in the future. If you have the tools available (scanner / diagnostic tool) and hand tools the total cost of this fox was about £4 and that was for a pack of thermistors. It took me about 1 hour in total as I had to work out which wires were which and figure out a way to get the thermistor held in place without removing any pins or wires). Post fix the temperature reading was within 1 degree of the left seat.

Old 04-02-2024, 04:40 PM
robmpulse
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Jcm2000
Just an Update on this in case it's of interest to anyone else. I have a Topdon Topscan bluetooth unit and it confirmed code 008102 Seat Temp Sensor Front Right Short Circuit to B+/Open Circuit. Checking the live data showed the temp reading to be an error which confirmed the Thermistor at fault.

I purchased some thermistors on amazon (10k NTC) and I piggy backed one directly into the pins at the floor connection for the seat. This cleared the fault and seat works perfect. You can just see where I piggy backed the new thermistor into the pins in the image pasted below. Might be of help to someone else in the future. If you have the tools available (scanner / diagnostic tool) and hand tools the total cost of this fox was about £4 and that was for a pack of thermistors. It took me about 1 hour in total as I had to work out which wires were which and figure out a way to get the thermistor held in place without removing any pins or wires). Post fix the temperature reading was within 1 degree of the left seat.

Can you describe exactly which two wires you used? It is unclear looking at this picture which two were used.

It looks like one is black/white, but which one is the other one?
Old 04-02-2024, 04:52 PM
Jcm2000
6th Gear

Originally Posted by robmpulse
Can you describe exactly which two wires you used? It is unclear looking at this picture which two were used.

It looks like one is black/white, but which one is the other one?
Hello,

See diagram attached for the wire positions. Brown and white and black and white wire was the colour if I remember correctly. You can follow them uo into the seat, they are quite thin wires.

Old 04-04-2024, 10:51 AM
robmpulse
3rd Gear

Awesome, thanks! Part just came in so should be installed today. I will report back to confirm. :-)

Quick Reply: Drivers Heated Seat Not Working