Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Cabin Heat issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 04:58 PM
Simeon
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I think the flaps are mainly for aerodynamic improvement not variable cooling. But they would open if necessary for cooling in hot weather and would also stay open in very cold to prevent from getting frozen in closed position which may lead to overheating. I don't know this for a fact about this car but speaking based on some experience and knowledge of others.
The following users liked this post:
tarasok (12-02-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 12:28 AM
Simeon
Racer

Just did a cold start at 20F outside temp and oil temp was up to 165F+ in 12 mins of very gentle city driving.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:34 PM
tarasok
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Simeon
Just did a cold start at 20F outside temp and oil temp was up to 165F+ in 12 mins of very gentle city driving.
how about interior heating... did you notice when it started?
Old 12-04-2022, 03:44 PM
Simeon
Racer

Honestly I didn't really pay attention. It was set on manual on the lowest fan setting and 75 F and was enjoying the heated seat for warmth.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:21 PM
Woodyi
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hybrid S no heat when in E power

When my 2012 Hybrid S goes into e power I.e. at a stoplight or when in sail mode the heat blowing into the cabin goes cold. Is this the auxiliary pump? Heat control valve?..
Old 01-21-2023, 04:24 AM
zmaj
Advanced

Same issue. Only in defrost I get warm air. Does anyone have a functional description or shematic of the hvac?

kind regards
Old 01-21-2023, 11:14 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Simeon
Just found out from the dealer that in my case, the intermittent loss of cabin heat as I described above is due to a 'coolant leak from the crossover pipe'. Hopefully this may help someone at some point.
The issue was that cabin HVAC vents would start blowing cold air periodically (once every hour or so on a long road trip, for about 5-10 mins at a time) even when the temperature was set to 'Hi'.
What's the crossover pipe? Part#?
Old 01-21-2023, 07:29 PM
zmaj
Advanced

silly idea, maybe the temp sensor on the airexit is malfunctioning and reading hot air instead of cold air so the electronics do not open the valve???
i see there are 4 temp sensors in front.

Originally Posted by tarasok;[url=tel:18495314
18495314[/url]]Avg outside temperature is 0C (32F)
Regarding car option… I reviewed specifications and option 7E6 has additional electrical heater for heat exchanger. But my car specification has 7E0 that means no such electric heater.
3.6 V6 is pretty simple engine comparing to others, it doesn’t have additional coolers, etc…

regarding grille vent flaps…
sometimes they are open, sometimes closed, I don’t know how they works. Sometimes, they can be open in cold weather when I start engine, but closed in hot weather… I didn’t see any flaps error in my ThinkDiag tool. But I can try to open and close them manually (need to find what module controls flaps).

Regarding coolant and oil temperatures:
Coolant temperature becomes 90C faster (and stops on 90C rest of driving time), from my feelings it takes about 5-7min… but oil temperature increasing really slow.

I noticed interesting behaviour. When I start cold engine, automatic climate control is on, air is not blowing, when coolant becomes more than 60C, climate activates strong air blowing, look like it expects that there should be hot air, but there is still cold air, because heater valve is closed, because becomes open after 65C oil temperature…

I replaced heater valve and thermostat, but same behaviour…
Old 01-27-2023, 12:24 PM
Woodyi
Track Day

Default Aux electric heater element

Not sure which models have this but my Hybrid S does. This is located in the heater box and seems to be used to boost cabin heat when gas engine running and to provide heat when in hybrid mode. I would think this is used to provide heat to the cabin early after startup as well. I noticed that when engine is running I have heat but it is not as hot as it was, I think and will confirm this is because the aux electric element failed!
Old 01-27-2023, 12:47 PM
Woodyi
Track Day

Default Cayenne cabin heat

The aux electric heater element is inside the heater box #8 on this diagram

the part is around $800 CAD. It is common to the Toureg.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:10 PM
zmaj
Advanced

I think only hybrid and diesels.
petrols are getimg far faster warm. I need less than 1 km to get over 70 C.

remember that bmw in e39 had webastos in all diesels to get cabin to temperature faster.

Originally Posted by Woodyi;[url=tel:18596190
18596190[/url]]Not sure which models have this but my Hybrid S does. This is located in the heater box and seems to be used to boost cabin heat when gas engine running and to provide heat when in hybrid mode. I would think this is used to provide heat to the cabin early after startup as well. I noticed that when engine is running I have heat but it is not as hot as it was, I think and will confirm this is because the aux electric element failed!
Old 09-21-2023, 05:27 PM
tarasok
Intermediate

It finally started working for some reason... I have no idea what happened... A few months ago I replaced coolant pump (started whistling).... but I didn't feel much difference... cabin heating was started usually when oil temperature reached 65C.
The only difference after coolant pump replacement - coolant and oil temperatures become warm faster than usual.
Now, I feel warm air even oil is 45C or less... It works as expected now (also AutoStartStop started working faster than usual)
Old 09-22-2023, 06:27 PM
tarasok
Intermediate

Today it again started blowing warm air only after oil temperature 65C... I don't know what happened yesterday and day before yesterday... Now I have no idea what causes such issue, but now I know for sure it is not normal behavior. Probably some temperature sensor fault, but I have no idea what sensor. I see correct temperature in PCM display...
Old 10-18-2023, 04:39 PM
zmaj
Advanced

Originally Posted by tarasok
Today it again started blowing warm air only after oil temperature 65C... I don't know what happened yesterday and day before yesterday... Now I have no idea what causes such issue, but now I know for sure it is not normal behavior. Probably some temperature sensor fault, but I have no idea what sensor. I see correct temperature in PCM display...
Hi, I found out using my x431 that one sensor was reading 85C in the drivers footwell. Car was off and cooled down. took the sensor out and you can clearly see that the small smd capacitor was blown and blue.

Kind regards
The following users liked this post:
tarasok (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 04:33 PM
tarasok
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zmaj
Hi, I found out using my x431 that one sensor was reading 85C in the drivers footwell. Car was off and cooled down. took the sensor out and you can clearly see that the small smd capacitor was blown and blue.

Kind regards
Hi zmaj,
Thanks for suggestion. I tried thinkdiag on my iPhone and could not find where I can read data from interior temperature sensors. Could you please advice in what section? (Perhaps, I need to try it on android device, I know it has wider capabilities on android)

Quick Reply: Cayenne Cabin Heat issue