Dieselgate Post Fix Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 02:02 PM
FreeFly
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dieselgate Post Fix Warranty

Hi,

I have a 2014 Diesel Cayenne which i love dearly (or used to)

Took it in for the diesel recall and a very small oil leak that appeared just by the time i was going to the service recall.

First Visit for Diesel Recall and Oil leak was scheduled for January 2019. Got the Cayenne back from service around 7 weeks after. Automatic Transmission was removed and reinstalled, They replaced a Crankshaft sealing ring, flywheel side.

The leak was fixed for a good 2 weeks, then on April the oil leaked again. Got the Cayenne back from service 6 weeks later, for a problem they already fixed.

Just 1 day after i got the car from service, got new leaks on my garage floor.

Finally i took it in to service for the 3rd time for the same problem or a caused problem by the service center, they said they found the problem in the transmission that they did not replaced the oil seal in the transmission and that was the problem (NOW). Got the Cayenne back exactly 4 weeks after

Now, 2 years later, the leak started again, took it to another Porsche guy so he can assist on what's happening before I go to the dealer again.
What do you know, the dealer sealed (remedy) the leak with some type of silicon gasket, instead of the manufactures gasket.

I guess my question is (since I was under normal warranty when all this happened, now the car is out of normal warranty):
Is my Cayenne covered by the Dieselgate extended Warranty? under the paragraph that says:"Additionally, the engine long block warranty shall cover the engine sub-assembly that consists of the assembled block, crankshaft , cylinder head, camshaft , and valve train."

Many Thanks for all the feedback and help!

Old 02-01-2022, 03:00 PM
schernov
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by FreeFly
Hi,

I have a 2014 Diesel Cayenne which i love dearly (or used to)

Took it in for the diesel recall and a very small oil leak that appeared just by the time i was going to the service recall.

First Visit for Diesel Recall and Oil leak was scheduled for January 2019. Got the Cayenne back from service around 7 weeks after. Automatic Transmission was removed and reinstalled, They replaced a Crankshaft sealing ring, flywheel side.

The leak was fixed for a good 2 weeks, then on April the oil leaked again. Got the Cayenne back from service 6 weeks later, for a problem they already fixed.

Just 1 day after i got the car from service, got new leaks on my garage floor.

Finally i took it in to service for the 3rd time for the same problem or a caused problem by the service center, they said they found the problem in the transmission that they did not replaced the oil seal in the transmission and that was the problem (NOW). Got the Cayenne back exactly 4 weeks after

Now, 2 years later, the leak started again, took it to another Porsche guy so he can assist on what's happening before I go to the dealer again.
What do you know, the dealer sealed (remedy) the leak with some type of silicon gasket, instead of the manufactures gasket.

I guess my question is (since I was under normal warranty when all this happened, now the car is out of normal warranty):
Is my Cayenne covered by the Dieselgate extended Warranty? under the paragraph that says:"Additionally, the engine long block warranty shall cover the engine sub-assembly that consists of the assembled block, crankshaft , cylinder head, camshaft , and valve train."

Many Thanks for all the feedback and help!
short answer is yes
https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/wp..._2-1_FINAL.pdf

The following users liked this post:
lml999 (02-01-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 07:24 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

Yes, should be covered - but that liquid gasket is pretty standard from what I see on my own CD... There may be another gasket in there as well, but I'm sure the dealership just follows the steps outlined in the PIWIS system. I'll admit yours is a bit messy, but in all reality that won't affect performance of the seal.

I have a '13 CD and I've had a ton of oil leaks, my story being similar to yours as it seems every fix resulted in something new. They finally replaced the rear flange - which is that huge piece of aluminum sandwiched between the engine and transmission (appears to be what's in your pictures) - because it had warped and would not stay sealed.
The following users liked this post:
FreeFly (02-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Dieselgate Post Fix Warranty