958.2 horn turning on automatically

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 01:25 AM
sami_cayenne
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 958.2 horn turning on automatically

Hi All

My Cayenne 958 horn keeps staying on whenever I turn on the ignition and had to take out the fuse.

I did change the steering wheel to another one but the I can confirm the airbag/horn switch is not stuck as when I took out the fuse, I could still hear the relay operating when clicking the airbag/horn switch. Also there are no errors generated either so not sure what's going on!!!

Any idea’s??

TIA
Old 10-03-2021, 10:08 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 314 Likes on 259 Posts

There’s many threads about this. Just a quick fix, have you tried to give the horn button a few sharp bumps? In the electronics world,
we believe in “hit on the head will fix it.” Kinda make sense, the horn is rarely used in most parts of America (unlike some other countries, were they drive with the horn) and the horn switch gets gummed up.

I use my horn on a regular basis (I’m in SW Georgia) the crazy drivers here need the wake up (either on meth or eyes on the phone. Of course some parts of Chicago blowing the horn is asking for a shotgun to be in your face. Due discretion but use the horn regularly . The switch mechanism gets gummed up.

Quick Reply: 958.2 horn turning on automatically