Sponsored By:

Sunroof and Couple Other Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 07:49 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 250 Posts
Default Sunroof and Couple Other Questions

Hey, everybody. Still settling into the new-to-me 958 TTS. I adored my 955 TTS but with the world the way it is, we really only need one SUV and for some reason my wife didn't want to drive a 15yr old car with 140k miles So we're in a 2016 TTS now with 25k miles, just ripped out all the speakers and replaced with a top end audio system, polished and sealed with ceramic. Had to repaint the wheels as well. Now we're getting used to her but a couple of items to ask the group about.

I was trying to close the sunroof today, picking up my daughter at HS. It "almost" closed and started to open again a couple times and then finally closed. Is this a grease thing, imminent failure thing, dirt thing? Any ideas?

I'd love to disable start stop permanently. Is there a quick OBD2 fix for this?

Something that's bugged me for 17yrs through 5 Cayennes, why can't all the doors unlock when you park? I have NEVER gotten used to that. To this day, after 200+K miles in Cayennes, I'll still expect the pax door or back door to be open when it's parked in the garage. Can't get used to it. Assume no fix for this.

After 4 955's in a row, I never even thought to look for eyeglass storage but boy do I miss it. Anyone have a solution they're particularly fond of?

Feels weird posting questions like this. I'm used to dealing with maintenance issues and now I'm dealing with nitpicky comfort stuff. Any thoughts on the above greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:31 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by icspres
Hey, everybody. Still settling into the new-to-me 958 TTS. I adored my 955 TTS but with the world the way it is, we really only need one SUV and for some reason my wife didn't want to drive a 15yr old car with 140k miles So we're in a 2016 TTS now with 25k miles, just ripped out all the speakers and replaced with a top end audio system, polished and sealed with ceramic. Had to repaint the wheels as well. Now we're getting used to her but a couple of items to ask the group about.

I was trying to close the sunroof today, picking up my daughter at HS. It "almost" closed and started to open again a couple times and then finally closed. Is this a grease thing, imminent failure thing, dirt thing? Any ideas?

I'd love to disable start stop permanently. Is there a quick OBD2 fix for this?

Something that's bugged me for 17yrs through 5 Cayennes, why can't all the doors unlock when you park? I have NEVER gotten used to that. To this day, after 200+K miles in Cayennes, I'll still expect the pax door or back door to be open when it's parked in the garage. Can't get used to it. Assume no fix for this.

After 4 955's in a row, I never even thought to look for eyeglass storage but boy do I miss it. Anyone have a solution they're particularly fond of?

Feels weird posting questions like this. I'm used to dealing with maintenance issues and now I'm dealing with nitpicky comfort stuff. Any thoughts on the above greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sunroof probably needs recalibration. Hold it forward for like 10 seconds and release. Then single click and and close it. Should work.

Stop start can be disabled with PIWIS, durametric and even the launch (I think).

Have you found the storage under the driver seat? It's a little drop down off the seat. Should fit some glasses.
Old 09-27-2021, 10:23 PM
ShdwFx
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by icspres
On my 2011 there's an option to unlock all the doors when unlocked or just the drivers door. It's under the Settings menu under Locking options.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:49 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ShdwFx
On my 2011 there's an option to unlock all the doors when unlocked or just the drivers door. It's under the Settings menu under Locking options.
I think this option is responsible only for unlocking with remote. Mine unlocks all doors when car shuts off. If you just park with the motor on, it stays locked, but pulling handle opens from inside.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:14 PM
edde
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cwheeler
Sunroof probably needs recalibration. Hold it forward for like 10 seconds and release. Then single click and and close it. Should work.

Stop start can be disabled with PIWIS, durametric and even the launch (I think).

Have you found the storage under the driver seat? It's a little drop down off the seat. Should fit some glasses.
Timely, I need to try this sunroof thing. Mine is learned incorrectly from having replaced the drive gear and the sequence in the pdf manual isn't working at all.

I LOVE the eyeglass cases under the seat!
Once I park and remove the key all doors are unlocked. Not sure if that's helpful to the OP or not but that's how I'm set up. I do not love having others doors stay locked whenever the key is still in tho.

Last edited by edde; 09-30-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Sunroof and Couple Other Questions