Sponsored By:

SUPER NERVOUS right now -waiting on AC Dagnosis

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 05:34 PM
Shift The Room
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SUPER NERVOUS right now -waiting on AC Dagnosis

I am super nervous right now. I purchased a 2013 GTS a few months back. Only got the AC to work 2-3 times. There was no owner’s manual so I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. I finally took it back to the lot I purchased from to see if something else is wrong. Yesterday they told me it’s an electrical issue. They’re STILL diagnosing today. I am praying this is not going to be an expensive repair as this was an “as is” purchase.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:09 PM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

By "the lot", I'm assuming it's not a Porsche dealer? Not that there is anything wrong with buying from an independent or private sale but for service, I'd either go to a dealer or an independent that comes recommended, preferably from someone here.
These cars have many electronic components which can easily be fried at the hands of someone inexperienced. Any failure they cause would probably be explained away as part of the failure you brought it in for.

Personally, if it wasn't a shop that dealt with Porsches, I'd take it back and hope for two things, the original issue is all I still have and that it's minor in the hands of someone knowledgable.

If they are an experienced Porsche shop---forget everything I just said!

Last edited by ZenicaPA; 07-24-2021 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Darn typoes
The following 3 users liked this post by ZenicaPA:
CarGuyNVA (07-26-2021), Dr. G7 (07-24-2021), Shift The Room (07-22-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 07:29 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 314 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Shift The Room
I am super nervous right now. I purchased a 2013 GTS a few months back. Only got the AC to work 2-3 times. There was no owner’s manual so I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. I finally took it back to the lot I purchased from to see if something else is wrong. Yesterday they told me it’s an electrical issue. They’re STILL diagnosing today. I am praying this is not going to be an expensive repair as this was an “as is” purchase.
As posted elsewhere, you are better off finding a good indy. Porsche might be prohibitively expensive. The lot that you bought the car, are they experienced in Porsche servicing? Their off-hand diagnosis "it is an electrical issue." and "They’re STILL diagnosing today." does not speak volumes as to their competence.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:10 PM
Shift The Room
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was torn but I had a few reasons for ultimately taking it back to the lot I purchased from. I’m a repeat customer so I feel like them figuring this is out is the least they can do. I obviously wouldn’t have purchased a vehicle with no functioning AC ESPECIALLY a high end vehicle. It happened to have been snowing the day I test drove the vehicle.

The dealership does sell high end vehicles and The automotive/mechanic shop was spun off into a separate entity. The service manager is the only one with experience and is the only one diagnosing my car. The delay is because he IS the service manager and the high volume the dealership does. He gave me some assurances Friday and apologized for the delay.
The following users liked this post:
Dr. G7 (07-25-2021)

Quick Reply: SUPER NERVOUS right now -waiting on AC Dagnosis