Sponsored By:

Costco Tires/Wheel Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 06:28 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
Can't go wrong with Costco. Always done good work for me. And they have new stock. Some of the discount tire places may have old stock. "All tires (including spare tires) that were manufactured more than ten years ago should be replaced with new tires"
Agreed. I don’t what it is but their tires seem superior. In comparison to discount tires. Someone told me that Costco demand the best quality product from manufacturers and they don’t mind paying for it. Costco gets what they want. I don’t know if this is true or not but it seems like it to me.
The following users liked this post:
Dr. G7 (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 06:29 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

If I was yet living in WI, I would have gone with Nokian Hakkapeliitt. Simply because of the exotic name.
Is that why you have a Porshe? I mean sha?
Dr. G7 (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 06:31 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dc1225
Agreed. I don’t what it is but their tires seem superior. In comparison to discount tires. Someone told me that Costco demand the best quality product from manufacturers and they don’t mind paying for it. Costco gets what they want. I don’t know if this is true or not but it seems like it to me.
I just remembered, that “someone was the manager of tire dept” so he could be trying the brainwash me.😁🤷‍♂️ He said the same for their Kirkland Bourbons.
Dr. G7 (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 06:36 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 260 Posts

I just remembered, that “someone was the manager of tire dept” so he could be trying the brainwash me.😁🤷‍♂️ He said the same for their Kirkland Bourbons.
Their bourbons are good. So are their Cabernets. Kirkland Colombian coffee just as good as my must have Café Du Monde. Yes.. Yes.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:41 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Their bourbons are good. So are their Cabernets. Kirkland Colombian coffee just as good as my must have Café Du Monde. Yes.. Yes.
It’s ok, I’m not the police. I only buy Michelin, Yamazaki and Hibiki. The latter 2 being no mas so only tires. That place have gotten so busy the past 10 years. Unbelievable but good for them, they seem like a good company by and large.
Old 06-27-2021, 07:33 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Is that why you have a Porshe? I mean sha?
Is that like a Porsche... Porsh or Por sha
Old 06-27-2021, 09:20 PM
Trio
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 186 Posts

While an interesting hypothesis, I really doubt that Costco has any more influence over tire manufacturers (like Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone, etc) than other tire distributors like Walmart, Discount tire and TireRack - or Porsche for that matter. And I doubt tire manufacturers hold back the "good stuff" in a secret warehouse for their favorite buyers. But plenty of other good reasons to buy from Costco, not the least of which is you have a built-in something-to-do while the tires are getting installed. And they can keep their tire prices low because they know you are gong to buy mass quantities of $hit you didn't know you needed while you wait. I love Costco.
The following 2 users liked this post by Trio:
dndodd (06-30-2021), Dr. G7 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 10:00 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Trio
While an interesting hypothesis, I really doubt that Costco has any more influence over tire manufacturers (like Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone, etc) than other tire distributors like Walmart, Discount tire and TireRack - or Porsche for that matter. And I doubt tire manufacturers hold back the "good stuff" in a secret warehouse for their favorite buyers. But plenty of other good reasons to buy from Costco, not the least of which is you have a built-in something-to-do while the tires are getting installed. And they can keep their tire prices low because they know you are gong to buy mass quantities of $hit you didn't know you needed while you wait. I love Costco.
I just purchased new tires from Costco for my work van. Bridgestone has $150 off for 4 for Toyota Sienna. 80k miles warranty. $691 grand total. And I had all kinds of options.
Porsche are $300 each, lol. only 2 options. Porche tax. Sometimes I do miss the Japanese days...
The following 2 users liked this post by dc1225:
dndodd (06-30-2021), Dr. G7 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 06:24 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Trio
Yes, I'm sure Michelin does not run a special production line for Costco. "Quality" also depends on how responsible the vendor is about selling old stock and climate control storage etc. A discount tire place was offering five year old brand new tires. Yes, discounted. But quality?
Inquiring minds ask, when Costco is going to bring back tasting booths? Why are they always staffed by senior citizens? Yes, yes..
Old 06-28-2021, 07:07 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Yes, I'm sure Michelin does not run a special production line for Costco. "Quality" also depends on how responsible the vendor is about selling old stock and climate control storage etc. A discount tire place was offering five year old brand new tires. Yes, discounted. But quality?
Inquiring minds ask, when Costco is going to bring back tasting booths? Why are they always staffed by senior citizens? Yes, yes..
The Michelins I mentioned here are available only at Costco I believe as I did not see them at Walmart.com, discount tire, samsclub or anywhere else.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:59 AM
mafpolo
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 176 Posts

I just ordered a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde II's from Discount Tires. I was surprised and disappointed that they do not do alignments. I have to go there to get the tires put on, and then go someplace else for alignment......doesn't really make sense. Does Costco do alignments, and do they do a good job? Keep in mind, these are 18's.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:11 AM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mafpolo
I just ordered a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde II's from Discount Tires. I was surprised and disappointed that they do not do alignments. I have to go there to get the tires put on, and then go someplace else for alignment......doesn't really make sense. Does Costco do alignments, and do they do a good job? Keep in mind, these are 18's.
No Costco does not unfortunately, either but I understand why. They want to get them in and get them out. Alignment is a completely different animal. Many times people return to get Re-aligned so it’s a hassle and time consuming with the road tests, etc. for less than $100.
mafpolo (06-30-2021)

Quick Reply: Costco Tires/Wheel Alignment