Sponsored By:

Headlights in 'Auto' Mode but always on

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 12:18 PM
Bob958S
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Headlights in 'Auto' Mode but always on

On my 2011 CS, I leave my headlight switch set to 'Auto' and lately noticed my low beams were on during the day. I hooked up my iCarsoft reader and pulled codes from the Front End Electronics module and it showed a fault 'no communication with rain sensor'. I never really gave thought to where the ambient light sensor is for the headlights, but now I'm guessing it's the same sensor glued to the windshield for the rain sensor. Can anyone confirm that and have you seen this before? I'll add that I recently removed my headliner to replace the fabric and had to disconnect two 3-wire harnesses leading into the rear view mirror module. One was yellow which I think goes to the mirror dimming control and a black connector which I think goes to the rain sensor. Nothing wrong with the connectors and everything went back in normally, but wondering if that zapped the sensor somehow. Just a theory.

Thanks

Last edited by Bob958S; 04-28-2021 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:40 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

I would bet they are set for daylight driving lights "on".
The following 2 users liked this post by 4ocious:
dan212 (04-29-2021), DevLep (04-28-2021)
Old 02-02-2024, 08:22 PM
goldengun
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob958S
On my 2011 CS, I leave my headlight switch set to 'Auto' and lately noticed my low beams were on during the day. I hooked up my iCarsoft reader and pulled codes from the Front End Electronics module and it showed a fault 'no communication with rain sensor'. I never really gave thought to where the ambient light sensor is for the headlights, but now I'm guessing it's the same sensor glued to the windshield for the rain sensor. Can anyone confirm that and have you seen this before? I'll add that I recently removed my headliner to replace the fabric and had to disconnect two 3-wire harnesses leading into the rear view mirror module. One was yellow which I think goes to the mirror dimming control and a black connector which I think goes to the rain sensor. Nothing wrong with the connectors and everything went back in normally, but wondering if that zapped the sensor somehow. Just a theory.

Thanks
hi sorry to resurrect the thread but did you ever solve this ? I’m having the same issue.
Old 02-03-2024, 08:59 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

I took I my 11 to the dealer with same issue,no luck. Fixed it on the PCM menu. Dealer could not figure it out on their scanner. Amazing.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:39 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,916 Likes on 1,728 Posts

Can't tell ya how many people with DRL's get arrested for drink driving.

Quick Reply: Headlights in 'Auto' Mode but always on