Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

958 Cobra PVTS Disable - Has anyone done it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 04:50 PM
Pickle Rick
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 958 Cobra PVTS Disable - Has anyone done it?

Hello folks,

Ever since I bought my 2014 958 Cayenne S (UK) I've been dismissing an annoying warning message "Driver Card not detected" each time I start the car.

From my understanding, the PVTS system requires a physical registered tracking card to be present in the vehicle for the function to operate. I didn't buy the car with any cards and its not a feature I'm interested in using.

My question:

Has anyone successfully disabled this system entirely without taking it to the dealership? If so, any help would be appreciated.

I understand there are a number of ODB2 diagnostics devices out there that also have the capability of feature coding, I was wondering if any of these products could sort me out. I'm reluctant to take the gamble in buying one without knowing for sure that I can use it for this purpose.

PS. I know this is probably possible with PIWIS, however a clone in the uk would set me back more than the dealer would probably charge to disable it.

This isn't a picture of my actual dash but the warning is the exact same:

Old 04-23-2021, 08:53 AM
Richard Kitchin
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I've done this. I did have the driver cards, and the message only appeared after a few months of ownership. I called Vodafone, who I think now operate the Cobra track system, and they did something at their end which stopped the message appearing. I don't have the contact details to hand but a quick google will probably find them.

Quick Reply: 958 Cobra PVTS Disable - Has anyone done it?