Guidance from the experienced. Buy 2014 958 V6 platinum base

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 04:25 PM
Kiwi592
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guidance from the experienced. Buy 2014 958 V6 platinum base

Good afternoon,

I could use some advice from the owners and experts. First I will tell you a little about my abilities. I am not a certified mechanic. But, I do almost all of my maintenance. If the books says it will take 2 hours, my wife figures it will take me 4 hours. She is usually right.

I don't fear trying to fix much. We have 1 car. I will be trading it or selling it. I have found a 2014 Cayenne Platinum Base with 60k miles. We love the vehicle. I have always wanted a Porsche. But, this is would be our only vehicle. It is one owner with just the minimum dealer service throughout its life. Service every 10 k miles.

Would anyone be willing to share positive or negative experiences with said vehicle? Is this a smart choice or reckless dream my middle-aged self is trying to live out?

I appreciate the community input. I am new here.

Thank you all.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:34 PM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

I got a manual 2011 base. It’s been fine, the maintenance is cheap. I also do my own maintenance. If you can follow DIYs, you’ll be able to maintain it easily.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:40 PM
Kiwi592
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbv1
I got a manual 2011 base. It’s been fine, the maintenance is cheap. I also do my own maintenance. If you can follow DIYs, you’ll be able to maintain it easily.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am a little nervous about the purchase. It isn't cheap. My current vehicle has 123k and I have done everything for the last 50k miles. Nothing crazy but saved a lot over someone else doing the work.

Again, I appreciate you responding.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:58 PM
KevinT
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have the ambition to try and fix small problems on your own then I feel you are in for an enjoyable ownership. Keep in mind parts are not cheap and shopping around can save significant money. Overall, these are reliable and well built vehicles, but when they need fixed it can be pricey. Based on what you have said I would feel confident making the purchase with the willingness to get your hands dirty.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:46 PM
schernov
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi592
Good afternoon,

I could use some advice from the owners and experts. First I will tell you a little about my abilities. I am not a certified mechanic. But, I do almost all of my maintenance. If the books says it will take 2 hours, my wife figures it will take me 4 hours. She is usually right.

I don't fear trying to fix much. We have 1 car. I will be trading it or selling it. I have found a 2014 Cayenne Platinum Base with 60k miles. We love the vehicle. I have always wanted a Porsche. But, this is would be our only vehicle. It is one owner with just the minimum dealer service throughout its life. Service every 10 k miles.

Would anyone be willing to share positive or negative experiences with said vehicle? Is this a smart choice or reckless dream my middle-aged self is trying to live out?

I appreciate the community input. I am new here.

Thank you all.

out of all engines 3.6 is the smallest and there is a lot of room to work on it. Many parts and procedures are VW.

get a PIWIS to read codes so you are not flying blind.

online dealer part retailers sell parts at discount. So you can still have oem and be in budget.

Quick Reply: Guidance from the experienced. Buy 2014 958 V6 platinum base