Sponsored By:

Apple Carplay Auto Android Installed and Now PCM 3.1 no longer working

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 04:43 PM
jcdo
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Apple Carplay Auto Android Installed and Now PCM 3.1 no longer working

Hi, i heard many successfully stories with installing Appy CarPlay - Android with integrated module with the PCM 3.1.
I was excited to received mine and proceeded with the install. I followed instructions and YouTube videos but my install did not go well.
All I got is XM Radio with sound but nothing else worked. None of the buttons worked. No Volume, No power, No touch screen.
I attempted to reseat the ribbon cables multiple times, open it, re-installed 4 times still no luck. So I put back to the original without the module and using the stock
including the ribbon. After put back the stock and I got the same result. Only XM Radio and nothing else. None of the buttons work.
There are 2 things I noticed beside just the XM radio.

1. It picked up my phone bluetooth.
2. It powers up as soon as I open the door even before I turn on the ignition key. And it won't power off even when I open the door and close it. It only turns off after I lock it using the remote.

Any help is appreciated. Let me know what else I should check.

Hope I didn't fry the PCM by installing the CarPlay module.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:57 PM
skinnytirez
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jcdo
Hi, i heard many successfully stories with installing Appy CarPlay - Android with integrated module with the PCM 3.1.
I was excited to received mine and proceeded with the install. I followed instructions and YouTube videos but my install did not go well.
All I got is XM Radio with sound but nothing else worked. None of the buttons worked. No Volume, No power, No touch screen.
I attempted to reseat the ribbon cables multiple times, open it, re-installed 4 times still no luck. So I put back to the original without the module and using the stock
including the ribbon. After put back the stock and I got the same result. Only XM Radio and nothing else. None of the buttons work.
There are 2 things I noticed beside just the XM radio.

1. It picked up my phone bluetooth.
2. It powers up as soon as I open the door even before I turn on the ignition key. And it won't power off even when I open the door and close it. It only turns off after I lock it using the remote.

Any help is appreciated. Let me know what else I should check.

Hope I didn't fry the PCM by installing the CarPlay module.
check your connections- something isn’t plugged in or seated correctly
Old 03-24-2021, 10:18 PM
jcdo
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will double check.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:17 AM
yetti96
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Oh I hope this ends well. It only takes one negative thing like this to make me rethink wanting to do it.
Old 03-30-2021, 12:24 PM
skinnytirez
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Any update on this? Curious what you found out...
The following users liked this post:
chandanYOGI (03-31-2021)

Quick Reply: Apple Carplay Auto Android Installed and Now PCM 3.1 no longer working