Sponsored By:

Hesitation/Hesitate upon acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 01:17 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Received 111 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Hesitation/Hesitate upon acceleration

Hello everyone. My 13 CS hesitates while accelerating in normal mode. Less so on sport mode but still does. As of now, I am chalking it up to transfer case but I do not have the jerk/lurching/rumble stripe symptoms, just hesitation and it feeels like I am driving while the emergency brake is halfway on is the best way to describe it I guess. I've had one dealership look at the TC and they said it was not TC but they just test drove and plugged in scanner to diagnose, not unplug. I need oil change soon so I am going to take it to another dealer to ask them to look at the TC while I have it in for oil change.

Any idea besides TC what could be causing this? Fuel pump/injector? I'd appreciate any input on this, thank you.
The following 2 users liked this post by dc1225:
cmassler (03-14-2021), SoundsoftheSuburbs (03-13-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 09:13 AM
fstr n u
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Throttle body/throttle control unit, possible fuel line/pressure issue. Does it change if you manually select gears vs leave in automatic? Maybe do a transmission fluid change, have them drop the pan and ensure nothing is going on there?
Old 03-17-2021, 02:33 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Received 111 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by fstr n u
Throttle body/throttle control unit, possible fuel line/pressure issue. Does it change if you manually select gears vs leave in automatic? Maybe do a transmission fluid change, have them drop the pan and ensure nothing is going on there?
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I'm pretty sure its TC issue. I had bodyshop mechanic test drive it while in for repairs and he said right away hesitation. I mentioned if it could be TC and he said yes. I just have to get the dealership to agree but wanted to see if there could be something else. Its been there ever since I purchased the vehicle with 30k miles on it. Transmission fluid has been done with Ravenol with the package from blauparts from reputable indy shop. I could not tell any difference in driving dynamics.

Quick Reply: Hesitation/Hesitate upon acceleration